Coffee on the Sapphire Princess

mactire

We spent three weeks on the Diamond Princess in March this year and one criticism was the coffee. I am a coffee drinker, drinking it black and strong with no sugar so I think I know a good coffee. On the Diamond the coffee was from Syrup and apart from being weak was not the best tasting. Does anyone know what coffee is like on the Sapphire Princess as we are going on board in January 2016. I am talking about the coffee in the Lido.

Thanks for any help.

Patrick

It's my understanding (from research not experience) is that coffee on all ships except Royal and Regal is syrup, so I would expect it to be the same.

I suspect the coffee is lousy so you will buy the card. This is the only cruiseline I've either been on or have scheduled out of 5 lines that does not include drip coffee in the cruise fare.

Thanks for your reply.

As I do in many cases I shall probably bring my own coffee. It might be instant but it will taste better then the Syrup. I like a good cup of coffee before I get up in the morning so will have to go to the Lido and make my own. Sad really!

Patrick