Pre-cruise hotel in Barbados??

MandH

Any recommendations for a one-night pre-cruise hotel in Barbados? We've been recommended the Hilton but does anyone have any alternatives? We fly in to Grantley Adams airport and assume the cruise departs from Bridgetown.

Can you tell me what cruise you are taking from Barbados. I know that this might not make a difference to some people, but it will help me place you in the right hotel. and also what time of year will you be here. Much depends on how much you want to spend on your pre-cruise stay.

The Hilton is brand new and although I haven't seen it up close I'm sure that it would be a great place to stay. The Accra Beach Hotel would be a nice place as well as the Savannah (in the New Section). Both of these are on the southcoast between the hotel and Bridgetown. There wouldn't be anywhere close to the port that I would recommend so either the southcoast or the West Coast (which again, depending on the time of year, might be more expensive).

we have stayed at the accra beach hotel twice as a pre-cruise hotel. check with the hotel, though, because i believe they are still undergoing some construction. this is a very nice hotel, though not luxurious. close to the airport, close to the cruise port, nice beach and pool. we are spending a week this year at the hilton. the early reviews for the hilton are very positive. they are very different, especially the price. good luck, either way you will love barbados. 14 cruises to the caribbean and it is still our favorite island!

You are cruising on a small luxury yacht, which are fabulous by the way. So it depends on what you are looking for.. just a hotel, or something as luxurious. I still might recommend The Savannah Hotel, but make sure you are in the new section. (only because, while the old section is more historical, its still the old section). The Hilton is a good choice for something closer to the port. You may want to check out Royal Pavillion on the upper west coast (about a 30min drive to the port) or Coral Reef Club also on the west coast.

I hope I haven't overwhelmed you. check them out on the net and let me know what you think.

the Accra Beach Hotel is nice as well, there is some construction, but I think not to the main part of the hotel, thats been done for a while.

We are booked to spend one night at the Coconut Court Hotel pre-cruise. We were looking for a VERY reasonable place for the one night. Trip Advisor shows mixed reviews. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for the advice.

famisaac, I'll ask you the same question. What ship are sailing on out of Barbados.

Let me explain that I don't want to be a snob and recommend one hotel over another, but depending on the type of ship, will also tell me what type of hotel you prefer, Luxury, comfortable, inexpensive or one that the cruiseline might recommend for a pre or post hotel.

Coconut Court is a nice hotel, on a nice stretch of beach, but I wouldn't put you there if you are on QM2 or Silversea (not the same standard)

, but I might if you are on Carnival or Royal Caribbean.

Interesting thought. Even though we are sailing on Seabourn, we don't necessarily think of matching what we do pre- or post-cruise. As an example last time we sailed with Seabourn out of Monte Carlo, we flew into Nice airport, and with time on our hands, took the local public bus to the ship. Maybe the helicopter or a limo would have been more in keeping with the cruise! Like most travellers these days clean, reasonable and safe take priority for a one night stay, over the kind of attributes you'd look for for a longer resort stay. But thanks Sunniebgi - I will check out your suggestions and let you know what we choose.

Not long to go now!

The problem with recommending a hotel is that you don't want to put someone in what they might end up viewing as a dump if they are used to the Ritz if you know what I mean. That's why I always ask what ship you are sailing on. But just because you are on one cruise line or another doesn't mean that you what the most expensive place to stay or the cheapest.

Price may be a factor for you as well.. while you are already spending funds on a great (not cheap) cruise you might not want to spend a mint just for one night at a hotel.

South Coast:

Accra Beach

Coconut Court

Amyrillas Beach Resort

The Savannah

Blue Horizon

Sea Breeze Beach Hotel

West Coast:

Royal Pavillion/Glitter Bay

Sandy Lane

Coral Reef Club

Cobblers Cove

Any of the Elegant Resort Hotels

All of the above plus some I would recommend to anyone but they all have different standards and cost will vary.

Archived