Ruby Princess Balconies

cruisingram1

We are looking to book a balcony on Ruby - aft. There are available balconies that look like they open to the elevator lobby. That would be noisy I would think. They are C701 - C707. Is there a wall divider that i can't see, or do these cabins actually face into the lobby where people will stand and talk day and night? Any other aft Caribe cabins to avoid?

Thanks for your input.

We are looking to book a balcony on Ruby - aft. There are available balconies that look like they open to the elevator lobby. That would be noisy I would think. They are C701 - C707. Is there a wall divider that i can't see, or do these cabins actually face into the lobby where people will stand and talk day and night? Any other aft Caribe cabins to avoid?

Thanks for your input.

Well, it is easier for me to give you my thoughts on what cabins you may like. From my experience, I have never heard people in the elevator lobbies standing around talking. The cabins you mentioned would be fine. Also if you want to go true aft, C752 & C753 are fabulous in my opinion.

On the Ruby. I cannot tell you what ones to avoid. She is a beautiful ship.:):)

Thanks for your input.

While I haven't been on the Ruby, the low 700's are my preferred location. I've often had a 701-703. Never experienced elevator noise or any disturbance from the elevator area. The doors on Princess ships are well insulated. So much so that if there's a PA announcement in the hallway, you have to open the door to hear it. There is an entrance on each side of the ship to the elevator area. It's wider than a door but not wide open to the hallway.

So we booked a Caribbe (CD) cabin and marked the reservation META upgrade only. My understanding is that we can only be upgraded to the next level of cabin (mini-suite, suite) Is there a mini suite that would be not be considered a good upgrade? I looked at the ship plans and it appears all the minis are on Dolphin deck. We are not prone to sea sickness so don't care about location. DO care if we are under public areas. So is there a mini suite that I would want to avoid? I might change the designation to NO UPGRADE.

I might also consider an "upsell". What is typically the upsell from balcony to mini suite?

thanks..

So we booked a Caribbe (CD) cabin and marked the reservation META upgrade only. My understanding is that we can only be upgraded to the next level of cabin (mini-suite, suite) Is there a mini suite that would be not be considered a good upgrade? I looked at the ship plans and it appears all the minis are on Dolphin deck. We are not prone to sea sickness so don't care about location. DO care if we are under public areas. So is there a mini suite that I would want to avoid? I might change the designation to NO UPGRADE.

I might also consider an "upsell". What is typically the upsell from balcony to mini suite?

thanks..

We have stayed in Dolphin deck mini-suites on the Ruby that are close to the elevator lobby without any problem. The decks above and below you are passenger cabin decks, not public spaces.

• 1 month later...

If you want a fantastic view of the wake then get a true aft cabin. And if you want an even more spectacular view then try for the aft corner cabins, like C753 that was previously mentioned. They are usually the first to go. We had C753 last April to Hawaii and tried to book it again for this March while onboard and it was already taken. We do have it scheduled for next October though. Love the aft cabins, and they are quieter.