Royal Replenish...Advantage to Purchasing Before Sailing?

Hello All,

We have never purchased a beverage package before but are planning on getting the Royal Replenish this time. Is there an advantage to purchasing ahead of time? Is it preloaded on your sea pass card if you do? What happens if it is purchased onboard?

The only advantage would be the convenience of already having it when you board. There will be a Replenish Package sticker on your sea pass card. Sticker will be on the card when you check-in if purchased in advance. Or, if purchased on board the sticker will be placed on your card. Price is the same, either way.

While it's convenient to have it...if you're a soda drinker and will have the Freestyle machine, you have to wait until you can get into your room to get the cup. Because when you buy it ahead of time, they put it in your stateroom.

So if you buy it once onboard, they put the sticker on there and hand you the cup, and you can go fill it right then.

If you'll have onboard credit that you're wondering what to buy with, you can use it on Replenish once onboard. That's what we're doing for DH; since we have a decent amount of OBC we'll wait to buy it on the ship.

Service fees...I could be totally wrong. But I think it's just a different way of charging it.

US, they show the amount per day and show that it'll be 18% for the tip.

Elsewhere, it SEEMS that they show the amount per day and don't show there's a tip, but the amount per day magically equals the base rate per day plus 18%.

Someone told me that on a European TA and European Cruises that no service charges would be added to our packages! Is that true? If so, I would buy before cruising!

The service charge is always added. It's either added as a separate charge, or the price is increased to include it.

So you need the cup to get a drink? I thought you could order a pop at the resturants and bars. I don't think I want to carry a cup around on formal night, or any night for that.

You only need the cup to use the Freestyle machine with over 100 flavors of soft drinks. You can get a soda from any bar or restaurant with your SeaPass card, and you will have a choice of about 6 different flavors.

The Coca-Cola logo is embossed onto the Seapass card if drinks package is purchased in advance. The Royal Replenish logo (which is separate to the Coca-Cola logo) is still a sticker no matter if you purchased in advance or onboard.

On Explorer I didn't get my Coca-Cola souvenir cup until like the third day of the cruise.

Thank you! All very helpful. We have 600.00 OBC and I am sure the family will want their cups for lunch when we board. We will wait to purchase until onboard.

Depending on what time you board, if you try to buy the cup outside the Windjammer the lines can be really long. I found the selling station on the promenade less crowded.