Upgrade from Classic Alcoholic to Premium non-alcoholic package

canuckinindia

Anyone have experience with upgrading the Classic Alcoholic package (not purchased but provided as part of 123Go) to a Premium Non-Alcoholic package either before or once on board?

What was the modality? cost? Did both guests in a room have to upgrade?

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Sorry misread original post. Not sure if it can be upgraded to premium non alcoholic.

It can definitely be upgraded to a premium alcoholic beverage package which includes all the premium non alcoholic options, for US$10 per person per night. This can be done before you go or once onboard for same price. Just one person can upgrade if they wish.

Edited by LuckiePuris

Anyone have experience with upgrading the Classic Alcoholic package (not purchased but provided as part of 123Go) to a Premium Non-Alcoholic package either before or once on board?

Everything in the Premium NON Alcoholic pkg should be included in the Classic Full pkg. what is it you see in the NON that you want?

Edited by wallie5446

Everything in the Premium NON Alcoholic pkg should be included in the Classic Full pkg. what is it you see in the NON that you want?

Pretty sure premium non alcoholic package included premium waters including sparkling, red bull, vitamin water. Classic alcohol (full) package doesn't include these.

Edited by LuckiePuris

Wallie was that for the premium Alcoholic or Non-Alcoholic?

Have people in our group who don't drink at all which is why I was looking at the Non-Alcoholic.

In fact the premium Non-Alcoholic package costs less than the Classic Alcoholic so wasn't sure if there would even be a charge.

The following links from celebrity should clarify this for you:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Cross checking both, I think you'll see the difference between premium non alcoholic and classic alcoholic will come down to the premium water, red bull and vitamin water.

Worst case if you can't swap to a premium non alcoholic, you can just upgrade to a premium alcoholic package for US$10 which will cover the premium non alcoholic options.

This question has been posed a few times here on Cruise Critic and no one has reported success in trading the alcohol package for the non alcohol package. If you are successfully, please report back here after your cruise

Edited by WestLakeGirl

This question has been posed a few times here on Cruise Critic and no one has reported success in trading the alcohol package for the non alcohol package. If you are successfully, please report back here after your cruise

Why would you change it? The current package would include non alcoholic bevies as well. I dont think you'd benefit monetarily from downgrading if possible

Edited by pugdad1

I have "downgraded" from Classic Alcohol to Premium Non-Alcohol. The non alcoholic beverages are not all covered by the Classic Alcohol package. Drinks like Pellegrino or Perrier are not included, for example. Aside from an occasional glass of wine, I am not much of a drinker. We do like Pellegrino with our meals, etc. So I called Celebrity prior to our February cruise to inquire about switching my package to PNA and upgrade my husbands to Premium Alcohol Package. It took a while to sort out and they were not ready for such a request. They ended up charging me about $36 total to "downgrade" but at that point I just wanted it settled. Next time, however, I would just inquire on the ship and take care of it then, since I don't think I should have been charged.

Its best to do a search for the list of beverage packages and make your decision based on the offerings, but I'd wait to do it on the ship;)

All upgrades from Classic beverage package to Premium beverage package will be $10/day + 18% gratuity. This includes all Classic beverage packages that were received as a result of a promotion. You will not be able to upgrade to the Premium non-alcoholic package as the price is less than the value of the beverage package received in the 123go promotion. Both guests do not need to upgrade.

All upgrades from Classic beverage package to Premium beverage package will be $10/day + 18% gratuity. This includes all Classic beverage packages that were received as a result of a promotion. You will not be able to upgrade to the Premium non-alcoholic package as the price is less than the value of the beverage package received in the 123go promotion. Both guests do not need to upgrade.

Celebrity

The question should be can you down grade the classic alcoholic package to the premium non alcoholic package. Like the OP my husband doesn't drink alcohol but enjoys sparking waters that are in the premium non alcoholic package.

As this package is cheaper than the alcohol one, can you downgrade, perhaps by signing a disclaimer or something to say that you are not after a refund of the price difference?

Many thanks

Celebrity

The question should be can you down grade the classic alcoholic package to the premium non alcoholic package. Like the OP my husband doesn't drink alcohol but enjoys sparking waters that are in the premium non alcoholic package.

As this package is cheaper than the alcohol one, can you downgrade, perhaps by signing a disclaimer or something to say that you are not after a refund of the price difference?

Many thanks

Unfortunately, you are unable to downgrade your package from the one that is included in the promotion.

My "free" beverage package was part of the 123 Go, not the Big, Better, Best. That may explain why you cannot change the package now. Just my guess.

I will see what happens on board (just over a week away), but ours was part of 123. Certainly not paying to upgrade to the Premium alcoholic package just to get sparkling water!

Pretty sure premium non alcoholic package included premium waters including sparkling, red bull, vitamin water. Classic alcohol (full) package doesn't include these.

I have "downgraded" from Classic Alcohol to Premium Non-Alcohol. The non alcoholic beverages are not all covered by the Classic Alcohol package. Drinks like Pellegrino or Perrier are not included, for example. Aside from an occasional glass of wine, I am not much of a drinker. We do like Pellegrino with our meals, etc. So I called Celebrity prior to our February cruise to inquire about switching my package to PNA and upgrade my husbands to Premium Alcohol Package. It took a while to sort out and they were not ready for such a request. They ended up charging me about $36 total to "downgrade" but at that point I just wanted it settled. Next time, however, I would just inquire on the ship and take care of it then, since I don't think I should have been charged.

Its best to do a search for the list of beverage packages and make your decision based on the offerings, but I'd wait to do it on the ship;)

Okie dokie, there we are! Thanks