? about the AU Carnival site

Plant

We're looking at a cruise from Hawaii to Sydney and it only shows up on the Carnival AU website, not on the US website even though it starts in Hawaii.

I don't find any way to sign in or save a cruise on the AU website. Do I have to live in Australia to do so, or are those options not available to anyone? I'd really like to save the cruise so I don't have to go through the "search" every time!

Thanks for your help,

Fern

Edited by Plant

You have to book it on the Australian site. Its run by Carnival Australia, not Carnival USA.

I can't help you with the searching function. But can you book mark the page from the search.

Edited by icat2000

• 2 weeks later...

I don't find any way to sign in or save a cruise on the AU website. Do I have to live in Australia to do so, or are those options not available to anyone? I'd really like to save the cruise so I don't have to go through the "search" every time!

Thanks for your help,

Fern

Thanks, Sarah, but I still wonder if Australian's can sign in or save a cruise on the Carnival AU site??

Anyone??

Thanks,

Fern

I booked our trip trough a TA and even now, options are limited once you sign in to just completing your check in paperwork, etc...couldn't pull up anything with my American logon until I had a confirmation # for the Australia cruise though. I believe the AU site is just a lot less user friendly than the American site.

I booked our trip trough a TA and even now, options are limited once you sign in to just completing your check in paperwork, etc...couldn't pull up anything with my American logon until I had a confirmation # for the Australia cruise though. I believe the AU site is just a lot less user friendly than the American site.

Not sure what you mean by save a cruise, so I guess we don't have that feature! I just bookmark cruises that I've shortlisted and am keeping an eye on for price drops etc, if that's what the purpose is?

The Carnival AU site is pretty basic, ability to sign in and have a proper account for frequent users would be useful. We have to go to the US site to even sign into our VIFP account. And even then nothing inside such as the discount links is valid for us.

Thanks! That's pretty much what I wanted to know. I don't understand why the Carnival AU site would be so different from the Carnival US site, but I guess the "beard's" know :D ! I'll continue to ask my TA for info instead of looking at the Carnival AU site.

Thanks again,

Fern

I am definitely looking forward to this Australian cruise. From what I have seen and read, I think they are totally getting it right! I still can't imagine all the gratuities are included but I know my husband will still be tipping away to his bartenders (I just hope he doesn't offend anyone[emoji12]!)

I think we came out way ahead with the exchange rate. At the time of booking...we were at about .81 on our dollar on our deposit and 7 months later when I started paying the real payments the rates were down to about .70 on our dollar. We booked the ocean suite for our 25th anniversary so that extra drop on the exchange amount was a nice little surprise savings when we were undecided about going for such an expensive cabin choice in the beginning. When I started planning this trip in January, I had no idea about the exchange rate or how it would benefit us but YAY for us! The more to spend while we are visiting such awesome place!

We are on the Spirit in February for the NZ itinerary. I definitely felt the same frustrations with the website, having used both. I've grown to not hate it--but it is absolutely inferior and maddening.

We made out with the exchange rate and feel we got a good deal on the sailing.

The flight on the other hand. DW insisted on business class since we are touring immediately upon arrival in Sydney and want to get at least a little sleep. She's absolutely right, but I could have (literally) bought a brand new Ford Fiesta for what we spent.

We are on the Spirit in February for the NZ itinerary. I definitely felt the same frustrations with the website, having used both. I've grown to not hate it--but it is absolutely inferior and maddening.

We made out with the exchange rate and feel we got a good deal on the sailing.

The flight on the other hand. DW insisted on business class since we are touring immediately upon arrival in Sydney and want to get at least a little sleep. She's absolutely right, but I could have (literally) bought a brand new Ford Fiesta for what we spent.

I'm glad to know its not just me! I still don't understand why the sites don't work the same, but I guess it's not for me to know... . I can sympathize with you on the air, and we fly coach :(.