Port Everglades: Allure to Celebrity Silhouette?

burrma

I k now Allure of Seas docks at pier 18 and Celebrity usually at 23; can anyone confirm that is still true?

How far of a walk is it from one to another. Would love to hear anyone's experience when they did this. I'm sure Taxi's wouldn't be too happy taking you from one cruise ship to the other? Can you hire porter? trolley?

Appreciate any recent knowledge on how you handled getting off one RC ship and moving to Celebrity ship. Thanks

http://www.porteverglades.net/about-us/

This website has the ship's docking schedules. It is true that Royal Caribbean usually has 18, and Celebrity can end up just about anyplace else. 18 to 23 is an easy walk. But if you have to go to the other end of the port it could be a bit of a jaunt with luggage.

Last January / February, we had a case where a large number (around 40) of cruisers on the first ship were doing b2b on the second ship. We all stopped at customer service on the first ship and asked about transportation to the second ship. It was at the other end of the port.

The ship we were traveling from maintained that the port was providing a shuttle. That was not exactly true, Royal Caribbean provided the shuttle bus. It is not a standard function. Royal Caribbean only does it when there are large numbers involved. Since Celebrity is part of Royal Caribbean, there is a chance.

If there is not a shuttle, a taxi within the port cost $10 (January 2016)

I was recently advised that the major road and sidewalk construction within the port has been completed Thus it is now safe to walk between terminals.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Edited by raindropsalways

If you happen to see one of the hotel or car rental shuttles empty in front of terminal 18, ask the driver if he would take 10 bucks to drop you over at the other terminal. The cab drivers, I have heard, don't like taking small fares like that because then they end up sitting in the queue at the other terminal waiting to get another larger fare (although that really isn't your problem). It's about 2/3 of a mile to walk from 18, down past 19 and the garage to get to the other terminals at the end of Eller Dr.

Sincere thanks Raindropsalways. Appreciate you taking the time to comment . Yes I knew Celebrity is usually at 23 (we sail with them every Feb.) but can be anywhere but did not know that RC provides shuttle sometimes and good to know they did for your large group. Our group is a little larger so will put the pressure on my travel agent now to look into it. Good also to hear that the road between the terminals is now complete. It was a terrible mess... I think last year but might have been two years ago. Enjoy Serenade. We are going on it ; on Dec. 23 over Christmas and New Years.

Sincere thanks Raindropsalways. Appreciate you taking the time to comment . Yes I knew Celebrity is usually at 23 (we sail with them every Feb.) but can be anywhere but did not know that RC provides shuttle sometimes and good to know they did for your large group. Our group is a little larger so will put the pressure on my travel agent now to look into it. Good also to hear that the road between the terminals is now complete. It was a terrible mess... I think last year but might have been two years ago. Enjoy Serenade. We are going on it ; on Dec. 23 over Christmas and New Years.

Royal Caribbean will deny that the service exist. Because we are handicap, I was working with Port Everglades. The “front desk” (customer service) on board gave me a different story every day about what the Port was arranging for us, so I would email our contact. Since he could not match any information with with the port, he called Royal Caribbean. Who ever he spoke to told him that Royal Caribbean does not provide any shuttle service. Since he could not figure out what was going on, he sent me an email advising that he would meet us at the ship and make sure we got to the next ship. Well, he did find out that Royal Caribbean did and does contract a shuttle bus when large groups are involved.

In my logic, the idiot at Royal Caribbean that answered the phone should have had enough sense to turn over a call from the “Port Authority” to someone more knowledgeable.

As far as current conditions, my traveling companion scooted out from Hal area (near Terminal 23) on Friday. SE 24th and U.S. 1 is still under construction. She went all the way to SE 17th . Also, there is still a problem for wheelchairs and scooters. The sidewalk on the west side of Eisenhower does not go all the way to SE 24th (still grass) and there is not any cutout to cross over to the east side. A police officer directed traffic and some crewmen assisted her.

If you end up having to go from one end of the port to the other end and the first ship tells you there will be a shuttle, don't worry, there will be a shuttle. However, if anyone in the group requires wheelchair accessible, make sure they are aware of that fact and remind them. They only order a bus with a lift when required. Also, it only had two wheelchair spaces.

Enjoy your cruises.

Sincere thanks for the detailed instructions and the many hints; plus the encouragement: never give up! No one in our group needs a wheel chair but thanks also for those suggestions. Very kind of you.