Best way to use my phone?? I need instructions

6 of us

Girls cruise next week, need to keep in touch with my husband. Carnival offers $5 a day for Facebook so I thought that we could use FB messenger. My question though is if I do not turn my phone to airplane mode then every other app will periodically try to connect with a tower, using data & AT&T will charge me.

How do I do this? What are the proper settings to take advantage of this?

I called AT&T & they said it would be $60 a day to purchase a cruise/text package with them so obviously if there is a way to make the carnival $5 a day Fb/Instagram thing work on my phone w/o running up other charges I would like to. There must be a way, teenagers do it all the time somehow.

Thanks guys!!

No need for airplane mode. Make sure data roaming is off and you'll be set. Any other apps will try to use wifi and carnival just blocks that traffic unless you buy the more expensive package.

Not using airplane mode means you can still make and receive calls if needed ($2-ish per minute) or send/receive texts (25-50¢ to send, free to receive). Don't send texts or make/answer calls and AT&T won't bill you any extra.