Immigration Impact on River Cruising

jldodge

We are planning a river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest next September. I am interested in the recent experiences of those who have cruised on the Danube. How did the immigration problem impact your experience? For those who are from the area, what could we expect for next September vs. today?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/help on this.

We are in Vienna now, were in Budapest 5 days, Slovakia yesterday.. no impact what so ever from refugee situation in the cities, most are being routed through the countryside. Countries are controlling the flow with more border fencing.

I live in Passau, there has been some slight inconvienience with local natives i.e. crowd train station, waiting time at the Austrian border. But I have not heard or seen anything that has impacted upon cruise passengers or other tourists.

As to what too expect next September, this question is in the same category as to what will the water levels be like then.

I can tell you the high and water levels will come, just don't ask me when.:)