Celebrity shuttles from Melbourne and Dunedin ports?

tiller

My mom and I will be on the Solstice in February and wanted to explore Melbourne and Dunedin on our own. Does Celebrity operate any shuttles, or sell tickets to shuttles, that would take us from the pier to downtown?

My mom and I will be on the Solstice in February and wanted to explore Melbourne and Dunedin on our own. Does Celebrity operate any shuttles, or sell tickets to shuttles, that would take us from the pier to downtown?

Public transport during the 2015 / 2016 cruise ship season

Added: 26 October 2015

We extend a warm welcome to all cruise ship passengers arriving at Station Pier in Port Melbourne.

Public transport is the perfect way for you to get around the city and take in the sights, before you travel back to the ship and set sail on the next chapter of your journey.

myki Visitor Value Pack costs

A full fare myki Visitor Value Pack costs $14 and includes $8 myki money for travel.

A concession, child or seniors myki Visitor Value Pack costs $7 and includes $4 myki money for travel.

2015 discounts and attractions

The myki Visitor Value Pack includes discounts at the following 15 Melbourne and regional attractions:

ACMI

Arts Centre Melbourne

Central Deborah Gold Mine

Eureka Skydeck

MADE (Museum of Australian Democracy at Eureka)

Medibank Icehouse

Melbourne Museum and Immigration Museum

Melbourne Star Observation Wheel

National Sports Museum

National Wool Museum

Old Melbourne Gaol

Puffing Billy

Queen Victoria Market

Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium

Sovereign Hill

PTV has made using public transport during your stay easy. Simply purchase a myki Visitor Value Pack which allows you to travel within metropolitan Melbourne and get discounts to a number of attractions. You can purchase this at Station Pier from the PTV ticket booth.

To travel into Melbourne, catch the Bus 109 City Express from Station Pier, this will take you directly into the city to the Arts Centre on St Kilda Road.

The first cruise ship will arrive in Port Melbourne on 27 October 2015, with ships to arrive every few days until 17 May 2016.

During cruise ship season, local customers in the Port Melbourne area who catch Route 109 trams are encouraged to allow extra travel time as trams to the city are likely to be busy.

myki Visitor Value Pack

International and interstate visitors coming to Victoria can buy a myki Visitor Value Pack to travel on the public transport network in Melbourne and regional Victoria.

myki is your ticket to travel on trains, trams and buses. It is a durable smartcard that stores value and can be used over and over again.

Using myki is simple and gives you the flexibility to travel on trains, trams and buses all around Melbourne and on public transport in some regional centres.

The myki Visitor Value Pack includes:

a full fare, concession, child or seniors myki card, pre-loaded with enough value (myki money) for one day’s travel in Zones 1 and 2

discount offers at 15 Melbourne and regional attractions including Melbourne Aquarium, the National Sports Museum, Eureka Skydeck and Puffing Billy, saving visitors more than $100

a protective souvenir myki wallet.

When travelling on public transport you must always have a valid ticket and show it on request. If you do not have a valid ticket you may receive a fine.

For more information about concession and senior eligibility, see Concessions.

Melbourne Airport

You can use your myki to travel on bus routes 478, 479, 482 and 901 to and from Melbourne Airport.

Please note myki is not available to use on SkyBus, which runs between Melbourne Airport and the city. To travel with SkyBus, you must buy a SkyBus ticket. For more information, see Airport buses.

Melbourne Airport is located in Zone 2 and your myki is loaded with enough myki money to travel for one day in Zones 1 and 2. If you want to continue travelling on public transport beyond Zone 2, you will need to top up your myki.

Edited by VK3DQ

Catch a tram from Station Pier in Melbourne. It's part of the Melbourne experience.

Port Chalmers is about 25km away from the city of Dunedin. The ship will arrange a shuttle bus for the to and fro. I can't recall what the charge was, too many years ago for me. You won't be able to get into town independently.

Hope that helps.