suggestions for booking back-to-back

phdiva

I'm thinking of booking two southern carribean cruises back-to-back out of San Juan for mid-January. Does anyone has any hints about when the best time to book is? Should we book them on our upcoming cruise in August, or just do two (one per person) or four (two per person) open bookings and book with our TA closer to January? Or, should I just put down a deposit now?

Sun Princess - Alaska 2004

Dawn Princess - Alaska 2003

Carnival Fascination - Bahamas 1998

We did back to back last december from San Juan.

We did on two different cruiseline two different itineraries. It was awesome. Two weeks of completely opposite experiences. First was on Celebrity - nice and elegant, second was on Adventurer - wild and different. I will recommend not to do on the same ship - the same food and the same entertaiment.

Have a great time.

I would book on board as you get a room credit. You then take it to your TA when you decide the time is right to book. Give them the booking number and there you are on another cruise. I took mine to my TA on my return and she kept it for me but I had to cancel as the time was running out on booking it. I got a full refund. Due to my house on fire I can not go again until late 2005/2006 time frame now. Have to save money up again.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I will recommend not to do on the same ship - the same food and the same entertaiment.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Just finished doing back to back Southern Carribean and you would be just fine doing on the same ship. Yes the food is the same but so many choices you will not have a problem finding another choice you like or might want the same thing again a week later. The entertainment is mostly the same but they offer two different programs each night so you can see one the first week and the other the next.

We booked our Mar/Apr 04 in Jan. 03 on the Sun Princess. We book directly with Princess and I just watch the rates drop and call Princess having ours lowered. We ended up with rates lower than the last ones posted on Travelocity. Some of the rates more than tripled closer to sailing so do check but there is no reason to wait to book a specific cruise (s) if you know when you want to go. icon_smile.gif

Future cruises:

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess

79 Sitmar's Fairwind

The trips I'm thinking about have two different itineraries (St. Thomas is the only port that overlaps between the two). But, I didn't even think about shows and menus. Good point!

Sun Princess - Alaska 2004

Dawn Princess - Alaska 2003

Carnival Fascination - Bahamas 1998

We did back-to-backs on Princess. We didn't mind that the menus were the same--it was fun to have the things we really loved again, and we knew what to avoid. The entertainment got old, and that I would see as a negative.

I also did a back to back on the same ship. It was great. Debarkation day after the first leg was wonderful because we weren't debarking. We enjoyed watching the new group board with all the excitement on their faces, impossible to conceal. Debarkation day after the second cruise was easy because I was full and tired and satified. We don't partake of the entertainment every day so the repeats were not repeats for us. The food is not an issue at all as there is so much to choose from.

Sapphire Princess Inaugural

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Would love to do back-to-back cruise and am looking at the Caribbean followed by the Star in November. The CP returns on a Saturday and the Star sails on a Sunday. Does Princess offer any hotel deals with a sailing like this?

We have done back to back on Princess 5 years ago - brand new Grand and Sea Princess ( that how we have learned about the same food and shows) and we had a night in the hotel in between cruises, but then it was in the brochures - free night and transfers. Just ask your TA to find out from Princess.

Love back to back cruises in any combination.

Archived