Plates, cups, and leftovers...

jawas

I've been on 10 cruises, and have always wondered about these piles outside other passengers' cabins. I know they have either received room service or brought food back, but my question is this: where are these items technically supposed to be left - in your cabin or in the hallway, on the floor?

I would either call for pick-up, or left in the cabin. It's not safe for other passengers to trip over your tray.

As others have indicated, HAL specifically asks that you do not set the trays in the hall. This is just one of the many reasons I do to us to sail with HAL. It is a little lowbrow to set dirty dishes in a hallway. If you don't want to look at dirty dishes in your room, what makes you think that other passengers want to look at your dirty dishes as they walk by?

While I understand the desire to have the dirty dishes removed from the cabin as soon as possible, I don't understand the big deal if someone isn't there within two hours. Should they be the sooner? Yes. But I still wouldn't put them out in the hallway just because I was exasperated.