First time on epic

bnorris10

We will be going on epic for the first time in December

Please don't give me any nonsense about take later train blah blah as I have no intention of doing that - (This is not directed at those trying to be helpful but it seems I ask a question and I get 50 people telling me what I should have done differently)

We plan on walking off ourselves so that we can grab an early taxi and make it to the train station before 930a

So what I need to know is where is the best part of the ship to line up at to disembark and what time should we be there to start lining up - we are not expecting to the be first off the ship (although I would not object to that LOL) but I don't want to spend 3 hours waiting for a taxi so the plan was to get off the ship as early as possible

i'm guessing Barcelona?

The taxi queue is normally very well organised, lots of taxis, minimal queuing.

Also I found people not really queuing to jump ship as the ship docks very early (5am), and you can usually get off just after 6-6:30ish. Train station around 15-20mins ride, so you could be there for just after 7 at the earliest.

The forward gangway will take you directly into the Barcelona terminal. We got off around 9:30 am last Sunday and walk straight off and straight out of the terminal without stopping.

While it was efficient, the taxi queue was 15-20 minutes long.

that sounds pretty much like my experience previous - a 15-20 minute taxi q is nothing in the grand scheme of a mega ship. Alternatively, you can book transfers through private companies e.g. suntransfers

The forward gangway will take you directly into the Barcelona terminal. We got off around 9:30 am last Sunday and walk straight off and straight out of the terminal without stopping.

Thank you and everyone else just what I needed to know

We had a similar experience in May. It was very fast to walk off, and the taxi line was run very well.