Review of Oasis aft grand suite (A4) 11330 and the cruise that changed our traditions

Thanks for the review, and especially for the pictures. We will be in GS 11330 in April, and like you we booked early when the prices were much lower. Did you hear much noise from the rock wall bell?

We were also just on Oasis last week (10/31 - 11/7), and made good use of those suite perks you mentioned.

Happy cruising!

We never saw rock climbers on our port side climb to the top until day 6 (not to say some one didn't get to the top before, just we didn't notice) and we happened to be at Sabor bar. We saw a few on starboard side. The bell is not loud and the hours for climbing were limited. Noise from the aquatheater was never an issue for us. I hope you like this cabin as much as we did.

Thanks for the review, and especially for the pictures. We will be in GS 11330 in April, and like you we booked early when the prices were much lower. Did you hear much noise from the rock wall bell?

We were also just on Oasis last week (10/31 - 11/7), and made good use of those suite perks you mentioned.

Happy cruising!

I booked 11330 months ago for 2/14 and got a really great rate too. I will be with my parents and they mentioned bringing my 11 year old niece a few weeks after I booked it and I just said no, no way to change it. It is for 3 people only and I am just not giving up the cabin and the rate so an 11 year old can go on a cruise.

So how fancy do we have to dress up to eat dinner in CK each night and is it the long drawn out process that the MDR is? We can order off the menu for room service, I believe, but I really don't want to put anyone to that much trouble and also I like my food hot.

And now that they have a several cruises under their belt with the CK and the Suite Lounge on the Allure on 17, what are the chances of getting some beers and wine and taking it back to the cabin in the evenings so my parents can get their evening drinking in without me having to be up in the suite lounge with them? They are old and can't see so well, so I am not going to abandon them, but I would rather be in the cabin sitting on our balcony if possible.

I booked 11330 months ago for 2/14 and got a really great rate too. I will be with my parents and they mentioned bringing my 11 year old niece a few weeks after I booked it and I just said no, no way to change it. It is for 3 people only and I am just not giving up the cabin and the rate so an 11 year old can go on a cruise.

So how fancy do we have to dress up to eat dinner in CK each night and is it the long drawn out process that the MDR is? We can order off the menu for room service, I believe, but I really don't want to put anyone to that much trouble and also I like my food hot.

And now that they have a several cruises under their belt with the CK and the Suite Lounge on the Allure on 17, what are the chances of getting some beers and wine and taking it back to the cabin in the evenings so my parents can get their evening drinking in without me having to be up in the suite lounge with them? They are old and can't see so well, so I am not going to abandon them, but I would rather be in the cabin sitting on our balcony if possible.

Dress for diner is smart casual. No shorts or tank tops. I wore slacks, capris and blouse. My husband wore khakis and short sleeve polio and long sleeve button down.

Surprisingly the one night we ordered diner room service, our meals were hot to warm.

We only took the drinks we hadn't finished out of the lounge, wine for me and beer for my husband. We are diamond plus and have 3 drinks loaded to our seapass card, so my husband did get 3 beers at one time to take to our stateroom.

Thanks for this review! Your stateroom pics and descriptions are helping me get some perspective on what a grande suite will look like on Oasis class. We have always booked grand suites on the Radiance class, but have been struggling to decide what to when we eventually book on the Oasis class since there are so many categories!

I have a couple of questions. Hopefully you haven't already answered them in your earlier posts--I read through it all, but my coffee hasn't fully soaked into my brain yet! :o

-How much of the aqua theater shows can you actually see from your balcony?

-Your balcony looks HUGE (both deep and wide)! Is it a shared balcony or is there a partition between cabins like usual?

Thanks again for the great pictures and thanks in advance for any answers! :)

Thanks for this review! Your stateroom pics and descriptions are helping me get some perspective on what a grande suite will look like on Oasis class. We have always booked grand suites on the Radiance class, but have been struggling to decide what to when we eventually book on the Oasis class since there are so many categories!

I have a couple of questions. Hopefully you haven't already answered them in your earlier posts--I read through it all, but my coffee hasn't fully soaked into my brain yet! :o

-How much of the aqua theater shows can you actually see from your balcony?

-Your balcony looks HUGE (both deep and wide)! Is it a shared balcony or is there a partition between cabins like usual?

Thanks again for the great pictures and thanks in advance for any answers! :)

I am glad this thread is helping in your planning.

These aft suites are only on the Oasis class and have been renamed Aquatheater suite A3 with a higher price than traditional grand suites starting May 2016.

We were able to see all the aqua shows with great views. We also saw the belly flop contest. Here is a photo of our view and in person it looks much closer.

20151028_152619_zpsus0ll4ra.jpg

The balcony is huge over 450 sq. feet, no partitions. One side you have the action of the aquatheater and on the other end you have private ocean view with peace and quiet. I actually like the separation of the stateroom into living area and bedroom. Wasn't sure I would, since I have always liked the grand suite set up on radiance, voyager, and freedom classes.

looks like it was amazing cruise. I did have 11330 booked for this feb 2016 but had to cancel. kicking myself now looking at the prices think I had it at 5500. Some day we hope . Keep posting great pics

We have this room Feb. 20, 2016 and the price is probably the main reason we did not cancel our cruise (well, that and we love to cruise and need this vacation). We will NEVER be able to get that room again for the price we paid. We managed to snag it for $3738 total for both of us. :D