Carnival journeys question

SugarStar00

I can't seem to find my answer maybe someone can help...I know there's only been two or so journeys cruises so far but I'm curious about the 80s throwback stuff. Is there an 80s themed deck party? Or is it just a daytime thing? Trying to figure out what to bring for throwback clothing if anything.

Thanks

I can't seem to find my answer maybe someone can help...I know there's only been two or so journeys cruises so far but I'm curious about the 80s throwback stuff. Is there an 80s themed deck party? Or is it just a daytime thing? Trying to figure out what to bring for throwback clothing if anything.

Thanks

I've been looking also. Another question--what "island" entertainment did you have?

Are then any between now and our cruise at the end of the month?

I know there were a couple of threads when they returned from Dream. I'm not all that interested in the throw-back stuff (I'm old enough that I don't consider the 80s all that long ago!).

And I know I'll eat whatever is on the ship. Just proved that again last week on Splendor. Managed to stuff myself multiple times a day even without a Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana, or Fish & Chips! :o

At least I've been to all the ports except one, and don't have plans for a few days, so if there are daytime Journeys activities I should be able to check out a few of them.

I'll write a review when I return and even if I don't take any notes (like I failed to do last week), I'll at least have the FunTimes to look at to check out the main activities and will post that info. Of course, each sailing is different, but it should give people a general idea of what those activities may be.

On the Dream I was on the second leg of the Journeys cruise. They had a number of '80s/'90s games on deck and in the show room on that sea day. They did have a deck party and a captains party including a picture with the captain. Dinner that night was the old fashion Formal attire, not the Cruise Elegant. I did see a lot more Tuxes than on other cruises. There were a lot of photo backgrounds set up for 70's/80's with costumes and props available. There was even a "Richards Simmons" workout in the morning on the Lido Deck.

The Island Entertainment was local bands and singers brought on board during the port days that debarked before the ship left port. There was a steel drum band on board debarkation day but I didn't see if they were around much beyond that. One pleasant addition is that there was live music all over the ship the entire cruise. I didn't see any DJ music. It may have been there, I just didn't see it.

I didn't see to much of the local cooking on board either, but there were more excursions that included touring with a local chief in the port.

Zydecocruiser has been live posting from the Triumph on his webpage. No commentary but all the pics including a copy of the Carnival Capers (on 80's day) and all the current Funtimes and MDR menus.

The menus don't do us any good NCTribeFan for our cruise, since the Triumph has American Table/American Feast. But at least it is a window as to what to expect!

One thing I did notice though, they changed the room service menu half way through the cruise! Several things missing from the new one, like Chocolate Milk!!??!!

The Midnight Buffet looks as scrumptious as I remember! :)

Zydecocruiser has been live posting from the Triumph on his webpage. No commentary but all the pics including a copy of the Carnival Capers (on 80's day) and all the current Funtimes and MDR menus.

The menus don't do us any good NCTribeFan for our cruise, since the Triumph has American Table/American Feast. But at least it is a window as to what to expect!

One thing I did notice though, they changed the room service menu half way through the cruise! Several things missing from the new one, like Chocolate Milk!!??!!

The Midnight Buffet looks as scrumptious as I remember! :)

Thank you so much!!! I did not know he was doing this.

The Island Entertainment was local bands and singers brought on board during the port days that debarked before the ship left port. There was a steel drum band on board debarkation day but I didn't see if they were around much beyond that.

This isn't anything new, just rebranded. Last year on our Hawaiian cruise, there was a group that performed Hawaiian/Polynesian dances. And back in 2012, when Carnival was still going to Acapulco, there was a performance group doing ancient to modern Mexican dances.