Warning for those sailing on Magic or Freedom this weekend

cruiser fanatic

FYI: This weekend in Galveston is the Lone Star Rally. This means that there could possibly be increased traffic on Interstate 45 and traffic near the cruise terminal. You may want to allow yourself some extra time to get to the port in case there is heavy traffic.

Carnival sent out an email alert on this.....How many bikers will be up early Sunday morning? Are there any planned events that AM?

I land at IAH about 9:15AM and booked the Carnival bus to the port. Figure I should arrive between 11:00 and 11:30AM.

Carnival sent out an email alert on this.....How many bikers will be up early Sunday morning? Are there any planned events that AM?

I land at IAH about 9:15AM and booked the Carnival bus to the port. Figure I should arrive between 11:00 and 11:30AM.

I am sailing on the Magic on Sunday. I didn't know that Carnival sent out an email, I haven't checked my email today. It is my understanding that the major events will be on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. On Sunday, most people will be leaving Galveston to go home. I don't know anything more then that. Hopefully, they will leave early and they won't be any traffic . :)

My husband goes to the Lone Star Rally every year. Sunday's are busy with everyone packing up and leaving. Know that many people are in trucks hauling trailers with their bikes. Trafffic could be crazy Sunday. Saturday will be just a whole lot of people coming into and out of Galveston on bikes.

I'd give it extra time both days

I am sailing on the Magic on Sunday. I didn't know that Carnival sent out an email, I haven't checked my email today. It is my understanding that the major events will be on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. On Sunday, most people will be leaving Galveston to go home. I don't know anything more then that. Hopefully, they will leave early and they won't be any traffic . :)

here it is:

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Magic. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

Officials at the Port of Galveston have informed us that "Biker Weekend" will be celebrated in the city from Thursday, November 5th, through Sunday, November 8th. They expect thousands of riders to attend the event and heavier than normal traffic in the area near the port. Port police will be on hand to direct traffic flow in and around the port area.

Although we expect this event to have minimal impact on our operation and your embarkation experience, we ask that you allow ample time to arrive at the port. As a reminder, check-in for your cruise is scheduled from 12:30 PM to 2:30PM.

We highly recommend that you check-in at least one hour prior to our scheduled departure time of 4:00 PM. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to embark if you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time.

Lastly, if you have not yet registered for your cruise online, please take a moment to do so now as it will speed up your check-in at the pier. Visit us at www.carnival.com/OnlineCheckIn<http://www.carnival.com/OnlineCheckIn> to register and print your boarding pass.

We can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!