Forgot to use Captain's Club Upgrade , can it be done after the fact?

LzyCruiser_NWA

Long story short, we had 1 prior sailing with celebrity when booking for europe next summer and forgot that we were eligible for the C3->C2 upgrade,

which would have equate to about $1000 over 2 B2B.

Anyway, is it possible to call and ask for the "upgrade" to be applied and be charged again on C3 rate at the time of booking but keep our C2 cabin?

Long story short, we had 1 prior sailing with celebrity when booking for europe next summer and forgot that we were eligible for the C3->C2 upgrade,

Anyway, is it possible to call and ask for the "upgrade" to be applied and be charged again on C3 rate at the time of booking but keep our C2 cabin?

You have nothing to lose by asking.

They turned me down for this. It would be really nice if the reservation agent from Celebrity had mentioned it. They indicated that I would have to pay the difference in the new price - a lot higher than my current fare and that I would lose my booking benefits.

Hi LzyCruiser,

I agree with Beanb41. You have absolutely nothing to lose by asking. As your cruise is many months away, I think you have at least a chance. Did you book direct with Celebrity ? If you booked with a TA, they are the party that will need to ask.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please let us know the outcome, and good luck !

I have asked and got it after the fact. Mind you it was for a cruise many months out... if the OP's cruise is past final payment and sold out obviously it may not happen

Nuthin to lose by askin

Edited by A Sixth?

I have asked and got it after the fact. Mind you it was for a cruise many months out... if the OP's cruise is past final payment and sold out obviously it may not happen

Nuthin to lose by askin

Hi A Sixth,

The OP's cruise is about 7-9 months away. That's why I feel they have a good chance of it happening.

Hi A Sixth,

The OP's cruise is about 7-9 months away. That's why I feel they have a good chance of it happening.

And if the first person they reach at Celebrity says "no", I'd call again. And before I gave up, I would call the people at Captain's Club....1-800-760-0654.