RCCL Over seas cruise wedding

jess8604ica

I've been browsing the threads for awhile now and i dont think ive come across and cruise weddings that have taken place over seas. we leave next oct out of barcelona spain and spend 7 days on the cruise where the captain will marry us on the last full day 10/8/16. From what RR has told us they take care of the marriage license and all that, i was just wondering has anyone had any experience with leaving from an over seas port for their cruise wedding?

• 1 month later...

Hey jess8604ica, We are getting married on the Rhapsody of the seas on the 08/08/16 sailing out of venice. We're looking for advice as well on how the day will go and what options to chose and not chose from the RR options. I'll keep looking for more information on others who have done this.

• 3 weeks later...

I got married in Bermuda, Royal Caribbean handled everything, even our marriage license. They did a great job. They don't do anything until 90 days before, it's just how they work. If you have any questions let me know.

I got married in 2013 on Enchantment and paid for RR to handle everything including the license.

Once onboard we met with our 'wedding planner' Kiki who took us through all the options (where to have the ceremony, decorations, catering etc).

We were originally told we couldnt have an outdoor wedding but it turned out that we could. In the end we chose indoors to make it more private!

We got married in St Thomas, Caribbean. We both had to get off the ship the morning of the wedding and go to the court house to sign papers, before I went to have my hair and make up done and my hubby to be went back to the ship.

I took some decorations (bows for the chairs), guest book, my own brooch bouquet and a few other bits and bobs.

The ceremony was conducted by a reverand of St Thomas. It was a short but perfect service! We hired a ship photographer to take photos, but also took our own too!

We paid in advance for our family to have a meal with us in Chops Grille, and paid for champagne etc. We did not hire the whole restaurant and didnt feel we needed to! We had cake and chocolate covered strawberries afterwards!

One thing I would advise... ensure either you or a designated guest takes all of your wedding related posessions back to the cabin. Our wedding planner took responsibility for it and put it all in different coloured bags, and then asked our cabin steward / cleaner to deliver it to our cabin. Unfortunately the different coloured bags meant different things, and one bag went in the bin!! It had decorations, cards and gifts in it and we never seen them again!

As compensation we received our photo package half price!