Is black Friday the day to book?

cruiseelady

I don't think they will drop that far. College break extends all the way to Jan 24th, for NY state colleges, so I'm guessing other colleges are out too.

Guess I will see! I guess if push comes to shove, I could always sail a different line if the price is too expensive. I feel like 849.00 for an inside is just too expensive, even on a new ship. But maybe a good sale will come out! I'm just a bargain hunter and I've always wanted to do this "book the flight and then book the cruise last minute" deal. I usually always chicken out and book at least a month in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I will see! I guess if push comes to shove, I could always sail a different line if the price is too expensive. I feel like 849.00 for an inside is just too expensive, even on a new ship. But maybe a good sale will come out! I'm just a bargain hunter and I've always wanted to do this "book the flight and then book the cruise last minute" deal. I usually always chicken out and book at least a month in advance

I've done the book airfare and wait on the cruise gamble a few times now. My tip is to book airfare that allows a choice of 2 or 3 cruises you are interested in. It really only works with short (3-4 day) or 7 day cruises and only if you are willing to look at multiple lines.

I can fly into FLL on a Saturday and fly out the next week on a Sunday and have multiple cruises to choose from that depart Sat or Sun in both Miami and Lauderdale.

I did my last cruise the opposite way. Got a great cruise deal and then waited until the airfare was just right.... I booked airfare almost 2 weeks to the day that I was leaving. :eek: Talk about nervous :o

I did my last cruise the opposite way. Got a great cruise deal and then waited until the airfare was just right.... I booked airfare almost 2 weeks to the day that I was leaving. :eek: Talk about nervous :o

Because I live in Dallas and flights on spirit to FLL are usually cheap, could have waited to do the same as you, but the people we are going with live in the Midwest and had to book flights in advance. But yeah, I would be so nervous doing that!

• 3 weeks later...
So if you have already booked and find a better deal then you can receive the better deal from Norwegian? We just booked our first cruise with nil and I wasn't sure if they would give you the better deal at no charge?

FYI, They just added the PICK 2 Promotion back for 5 days (black Friday deal I guess).

https://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15

If your cruise price has not changed, you can call and have the change made, adding the promotion to your booking. My cruise did not have a price change, don't know how yours will be. Usually your rep will check for you, to make sure its all on the up and up and your not re-booking at a higher price.

FYI, They just added the PICK 2 Promotion back for 5 days (black Friday deal I guess).

If your cruise price has not changed, you can call and have the change made, adding the promotion to your booking. My cruise did not have a price change, don't know how yours will be. Usually your rep will check for you, to make sure its all on the up and up and your not re-booking at a higher price.

Thanks! Just added a 2nd promo to my Thanksgiving 2016 Epic cruise. The price of the cruise had stayed the same.

I had the dining package already in our booking, and last night added the shore excursion package for an additional $3.44!

I asked if they would like to just save themselves the trouble of cancelling and rebooking for $3.44 and just add the promo to the booking and the extra few $$ in the final payment. That's what they did.

So, for an additional $35 total over the regular price we got 5 nights specialty dining and $200 total off shore excursions for 4 ports.