Breakaway Haven Spa Suite

skrodle

Does the Haven Spa Suite (H9) receive all the same benefits as the other suites on this ship? New to NCL and trying to figure out what cabin we want to book and if this one is worth it...

thanks!

David

Although someone already mentioned this, I'm not sure if the point was made clearly enough: not only do Haven spa suites come with all the amenities and perks of the other Haven suites, the Haven spa suites come with one huge perk that none of the other Haven suites (even the most expensive suites!) come with. Haven spa suites come with full access to the thermal suite in the spa at no additional charge.

The thermal suite on Norwegian Breakaway/Getaway/Escape is AMAZING and is my favorite cruise ship feature of all the things I've experienced in 30 cruises. The fact that the least expensive Haven suite (the Haven Spa Suites) gets you access to the thermal suite and the most expensive Haven suites do not have free access... it's a fluke of the system, and one which I am happy to take advantage of! Haven spa suite for me, any time!

The fact that the least expensive Haven suite (the Haven Spa Suites) gets you access to the thermal suite and the most expensive Haven suites do not have free access... it's a fluke of the system, and one which I am happy to take advantage of! Haven spa suite for me, any time!

Totally agree with you. Given the popularity of the Spa Haven Suites due to their free access to the thermal suites, I do expect that NCL, at some point, will change their classification and increase prices. If you compare a penthouse suite to the spa suite, the only difference is that some of penthouse suites are located in the Haven complex or the aft location. For the price I would take a spa suite anytime.

I'm confused - why would a haven suite with access to the spa cost less than a haven suite that does not. Are the haven suites that do not have spa access bigger or something? Or is it that the haven suites that do not have access to the spa consider the tub/jacuzzi in the room equal to spa access?

Edited by Sprasa03

I'm confused - why would a haven suite with access to the spa cost less than a haven suite that does not. Are the haven suites that do not have spa access bigger or something? Or is it that the haven suites that do not have access to the spa consider the tub/jacuzzi in the room equal to spa access?

I have no idea! Just the way it is.. We had a regular balcony booked. We were offered a upsell into the Haven.. We took it on the second offer.. Anyway the H5 which is the courtyard penthouse floor 15 on Breakaway was 500 per person more by the 2nd email. The spa room was 750 more.

The normal rate for the spa room was running 300 less then the courtyard. There were plenty open yet the upsell would not budge to lower the price of 750. We did however lower the courtyard to 400.

There is no rhyme or reason but it is obviously silly and something to take advantage of! A extra perk for free, the spa looks awesome.

Yes, the other Haven suites are larger than the spa suites, but the spa suites are a nice size. I think the spa suites are priced lower as a way to introduce the Haven to ppl who may be thinking twice about spending the extra money...wondering is it worth it or not. Kinda like "hey, we can get the least expensive suite PLUS spa access...let's go for it!!" For a lot of ppl, once they have been spoiled by the Haven experience they will not want to stay in the "regular cabins". That's how NCL got me a few years ago. Spa suite price dropped to 1500 pp for Spring Break and I jumped on it! Been staying in Haven suites ever since. Great marketing NCL lol.

Edited by Cruzncutie

Here is a list of the Haven suites. The price decreases as you go down the list. Suites located with Haven complex (H2 - H5) tend to be more expensive.

H2- The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

o Accommodates: 4

o Total Approx. Size: 932 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 204 sq. ft.

H3 - The Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

o Total Approx. Size: 572 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 95 sq. ft.

H4 - The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony

o Accommodates: 5-6

o Total Approx. Size: 543 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 48 sq. ft.

H5 - The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony

o Accommodates: 2-3

o Total Approx. Size: 328 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 58 sq. ft.

H6 - The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Balcony

o Total Approx. Size: 655-824 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 257 sq. ft.

H7 - The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

o Accommodates: 3-4

o Total Approx. Size: 420-451 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 32 sq. ft.

H8 - The Haven Deluxe Spa Suite with Balcony

• Accommodates: 3

• Total Approx. Size: 309 sq. ft.

• Balcony Size: 54 sq. ft.

H9 -The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony

• Accommodates: 2

Yes, the other Haven suites are larger than the spa suites, but the spa suites are a nice size. I think the spa suites are priced lower as a way to introduce the Haven to ppl who may be thinking twice about spending the extra money...wondering is it worth it or not. Kinda like "hey, we can get the least expensive suite PLUS spa access...let's go for it!!" For a lot of ppl, once they have been spoiled by the Haven experience they will not want to stay in the "regular cabins". That's how NCL got me a few years ago. Spa suite price dropped to 1500 pp for Spring Break and I jumped on it! Been staying in Haven suites ever since. Great marketing NCL lol.

Actually, the courtyard penthouses (H5) are not that much bigger than the spa suites. They are more expensive because they are located in the Haven complex.

Edited by jmele999

Here is a list of the Haven suites. The price decreases as you go down the list. Suites located with Haven complex (H2 - H5) tend to be more expensive.

oh so none of the Haven Spa suites are for a family of 4? My next trip will have myself, hubby, sis in law and nephew. But I think my nephew is too young for the spa (he will be 11 at the time of the cruise) so maybe a have spa suite is not for me?

On Norwegian Escape, there's the Haven Deluxe Spa Suite, which is quite a bit larger than the Haven Spa Suite, and which will allow a 3rd passenger. But none of the Haven Spa Suites or Haven Deluxe Spa Suites will allow for four passengers.

For four passengers in The Haven, you'd have to step up to one of the larger and more expensive Haven suites.

I also think that putting more than two people in to a Haven Spa Suite or Haven Deluxe Spa Suite almost defeats the purpose of the room: it's designed for a romantic couple for intimacy. The big whirlpool tub in the bedroom is designed for a romantic couple to take a bath together... naked. The shower inside the bathroom is designed to fit two people. The whole experience is perfect for intimacy. This is not the suite for a third or fourth person!

But none of the Haven Spa Suites or Haven Deluxe Spa Suites will allow for four passengers.

For four passengers in The Haven, you'd have to step up to one of the larger and more expensive Haven suites.

I also think that putting more than two people in to a Haven Spa Suite or Haven Deluxe Spa Suite almost defeats the purpose of the room: it's designed for a romantic couple for intimacy. The big whirlpool tub in the bedroom is designed for a romantic couple to take a bath together... naked. The shower inside the bathroom is designed to fit two people. The whole experience is perfect for intimacy. This is not the suite for a third or fourth person!

Good to know - if I can ever afford the Haven again, I'll get the Spa room but not take the family!

Wow great video. I think Spaniel missed his calling he should be on radio. He has the perfect voice for it! NCL should hire him for all their online videos. Span you could be the new voice of NCL!!!LOL!!I will be on the Breakawayin the spa suite next November 13 only 381 more days!!! This video makes me want to be on there now!

I was a radio announcer during the 1970s and 1980s. I had to get out of it after my wife and I had kids. The reason for that is best explained with an old joke that has a lot of truth to it:

What's the difference between a radio announcer and a large pepperoni pizza?

A large pepperoni pizza can feed a family of four!

Based on reports and photos, H8's balconies are probably 1 1/2 the length of a H9 balcony. I know the website shows the balcony as 54 Sq Ft and the room as 309 sq ft, but the photos of the ship and the room show there are two sliding doors (one from the bedroom and one from the separate sitting room) that lead to the balcony.

(Not the purpose of this thread, just wanted to make sure it's out there.)

Also, on the deck plans, it shows the deluxe spa suite sleeps four. It has a full sofa bed in the second room.

(There is only one of them on the whole fleet - on the Escape.) :)

Edited by Jeff&Pam

Building on Jeff&Pam's comment . . . the H8 is definitely larger than the H9. We were in the H8 (Deluxe Spa Suite) for the Escape Transatlantic. It's a one of a kind cabin which is basically an H9 with a separate living room and a double length balcony accessible from both the bedroom & the living room.

Also, I disagree that Spa Suites are exclusively intended for couples as I've only ever sailed in them with a friend, never used the jacuzzi in the room and am happy to have that shower entirely to myself. [emoji6]

Sprasa03 By design the spa suits are not for families. I wish they where. Since children under 18 can not even go into the Thermal spa, Your better off booking either booking the Haven 2 bedroom villa or 2 Haven suites.

We booked the 2 bed villa and will just purchase spa passes for DH and I

• 1 month later...

We just took an upsell to Spa Suite 14136 on the Breakaway for 1/3/16 for $750 tonight (NCL wouldn't budge or negotiate).

Is butler service included in the Spa Suite? In the video, (wonderful I may add--we will be in 14136 on 1/3/16--Thank you!!!) Spaniel mentions that the butler taught his wife how to use the coffee machine. On the website it only mentions the butler for the "Haven" category not the "Spa" category--priced in different tabs.

First time in the Haven for us. What does the Butler do if you have one?

Thanks. Again that review and video are excellent!!!

We just took an upsell to Spa Suite 14136 on the Breakaway for 1/3/16 for $750 tonight (NCL wouldn't budge or negotiate).

Is butler service included in the Spa Suite? In the video, (wonderful I may add--we will be in 14136 on 1/3/16--Thank you!!!) Spaniel mentions that the butler taught his wife how to use the coffee machine. On the website it only mentions the butler for the "Haven" category not the "Spa" category--priced in different tabs.

Thanks. Again that review and video are excellent!!!

Was that $750 per person?

am happy to have that shower entirely to myself. [emoji6]

...when it worked. hehe

I'm pretty sure our H8 indoor space was bigger than the H6 aft PH with master BR. It was pretty darn awesome.

Is butler service included in the Spa Suite? On the website it only mentions the butler for the "Haven" category not the "Spa" category--priced in different tabs.

While the Haven Spa Suites are on the Spa rooms tab on the NCL site rather than the Haven suites tab, they are still Haven and get all of the same benefits (including butler). As long as your room category starts with an 'H', you are good to go :D

Basically, your butler is responsible for all of your in room dinning - so your afternoon snacks or if you order room service. They can also assist if you can't find your room steward and you have an in room issue - like the use of your coffee maker lol. Some cruises I've used them a lot, some not at all.