Breakaway Haven Spa Suite

skrodle

We just took an upsell to Spa Suite 14136 on the Breakaway for 1/3/16 for $750 tonight (NCL wouldn't budge or negotiate).

Wow, we just booked a spa mini suite and it was $1100/pp more for the haven spa suite.... what were you upgrading from?

Check out Spaniels review and video he is spot on.

http://www.jimzim.net/NorwegianGetaway.html

OMG, you are totally hired for all future cruise reviews, especially the videos. Especially after watching so many vertical videos in which you can't even see the room because they're focusing on a person or a doorway or something....

Great job!

We just took an upsell to Spa Suite 14136 on the Breakaway for 1/3/16 for $750 tonight (NCL wouldn't budge or negotiate).

Wow, we just booked a spa mini suite and it was $1100/pp more for the haven spa suite.... what were you upgrading from?

A regular mini suite which I got as a complimentary upgrade from an angled balcony in November.

I mean, I originally booked and paid for a regular balcony in the summer and got a mini suite in November because the price of the mini suite came down to what I originally paid for the balcony. I got an email from the upsell department with the offer.

Edited by mamagina

• 1 month later...

i'm considering the haven spa suite H9 on the breakaway. I see best to get port since room are above you on that side of the ship vs the fitness room etc. it would be our 1st cruise so unsure how much we would use the butler/concierge but did anyone feel disconnected by being down on 14? also I see the spa is across from the spa suites (how about that) and I was wondering if that means there's more traffic there?

then I guess at night the close so probably not.

i'm considering the haven spa suite H9 on the breakaway. I see best to get port since room are above you on that side of the ship vs the fitness room etc. it would be our 1st cruise so unsure how much we would use the butler/concierge but did anyone feel disconnected by being down on 14? also I see the spa is across from the spa suites (how about that) and I was wondering if that means there's more traffic there?

then I guess at night the close so probably not.

I chose port side for the same reason, others can advise if starboard had noise. I did feel on this ship with a large Haven load that we didn't get the same level of service from the concierge as when we were in the Haven complex proper. There is no direct (allowable) access to the spa on deck 14, you have to walk up to 15 and enter through the main entrance. Spa area on deck 14 is treatment rooms, all accessed from the spa on 15.

Wow! Just got back from a 14 day upsell from a solo studio to a Haven Spa suite. True, I had to pay an extra $1000 over my $1720 solo studio, but after what I experienced in the regular restaurants when I went with the other solo studio folks, it was money well spent! The spa was heavenly, but even as good was the excellent jacuzzi in the cabin with jets that worked heaven on my arthritis plagued joints. And the Haven amenities were overwhelming! The Haven restaurant proved to me to my favorite place, even though many times I had to eat aline, because every time I tried to join my other solo cruiser ears in the studio for companoinable dinner I was met with terrible service that ended up taking so much ti,e that I had to leave before dessert to get to prime entertainment venues. So my choices were fantastic cuisine and service eating alone or terrible service with variable cuisine ( I tried it to make friendships four times but each time we were treated with hours long appetizers and entrees, so I eventually retreated to eating alone in the Haven restaurant where t meals were always very good and the service was always wonderful! So yes, the Haven spa suite was worth every penny!

Here is a list of the Haven suites. The price decreases as you go down the list. Suites located with Haven complex (H2 - H5) tend to be more expensive.

H2- The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

o Accommodates: 4

o Total Approx. Size: 932 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 204 sq. ft.

H3 - The Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

o Total Approx. Size: 572 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 95 sq. ft.

H4 - The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony

o Accommodates: 5-6

o Total Approx. Size: 543 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 48 sq. ft.

H5 - The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony

o Accommodates: 2-3

o Total Approx. Size: 328 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 58 sq. ft.

H6 - The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Balcony

o Total Approx. Size: 655-824 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 257 sq. ft.

H7 - The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

o Accommodates: 3-4

o Total Approx. Size: 420-451 sq. ft.

o Balcony Size: 32 sq. ft.

H8 - The Haven Deluxe Spa Suite with Balcony

• Accommodates: 3

• Total Approx. Size: 309 sq. ft.

• Balcony Size: 54 sq. ft.

H9 -The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony

• Accommodates: 2

• Total Approx. Size: 309 sq. ft.

• Balcony Size: 54 sq. ft.

Doesn't the DOS (H2) hold up to 6?

I chose port side for the same reason, others can advise if starboard had noise. I did feel on this ship with a large Haven load that we didn't get the same level of service from the concierge as when we were in the Haven complex proper. There is no direct (allowable) access to the spa on deck 14, you have to walk up to 15 and enter through the main entrance. Spa area on deck 14 is treatment rooms, all accessed from the spa on 15.

this is excellent info. It looked like since 14 across from spa you get traffic but if not accessible from 14 then no traffic.

I don't truly know what i'd use the concierge for if I made my own reservations and stuff and I really have no clue how id use a butler. I guess I need to read up on what all these people do .

Yes it does have all the benefits of the Haven plus spa access. We loved our H9 on the Breakaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you write up a review anywhere. we are seriously considering H9 and now that i know which side of the ship to stay on. i learned we must watch out for poles in some of the rooms.

saw a vid on youtube.

but i'm also interested in any first hand experiences on the BA H9. i never used a butler or really concierge and i know H9 is away from the regular haven rooms. i dont need doted over but i also dont want to miss out on a benefit i paid for

• 2 weeks later...