Question about a text I just got

sp29488

We booked yesterday on a Carnival cruise. We are not new to cruising. We've been on 9 all with Carnival but it's been almost 4 years since our last one. After we booked yesterday (with our own TA) I received a text that said:

BK#****** on Carnival ********** for date***** signed up for text alerts. Accept by replying ALERT******.

(of course the *** are to block personal info.)

I didn't sign up for any text alerts and I've never had a text like this before on our other cruises. Our TA did use my cell phone number as the number on our info. Is this something new that they are doing? Thanks for any info. and help.

That is an option during the on line checkin process. I always sign up just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the information. I guess she must have checked this when she booked us. I haven't done the online check in yet. :)

This is additional info on the text alerts

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2541/~/carnival’s-mobile-travel-alert-service

Carnival’s mobile travel alert service provides our guests with timely and important information or updates regarding their cruise (not to exceed ten text messages).

Alerts may include changes affecting your ship’s arrival and departure time on the day of embarkation. Carnival’s SMS message and alert service is available only to guests with US mobile numbers.

For full disclosure of Carnival’s SMS message and alert service terms and conditions,

You can opt out to Carnival’s mobile travel alert service by unsubscribing in Online Check-In (Guest Information section) or by texting STOP to 278473 (US mobile numbers only).

Please note, my opt-out text message constitutes my written consent to the delivery of a confirmation message.

For additional information, please review terms and conditions

You may also contact Carnival’s Guest Care Department at 800 929-6400 or

e-mail Icare@carnival.com for further questions.

Edited by AdrenalineRush