Should RCI adopt this program?

"Old timer"? Now that is something I have never been called before. Did you just make that one up? Is that a new expression? So what is an "old timer" exactly? I would guess someone 40 or older?

vous pouvez juger un livre par sa couverture or screen name in this case. [emoji196]

Edited by CaribSailor

Hope they have a great cruise! :)

Thank you! And thanks for the additional information you provided about how the program works. Interesting that the perk was developed for the program, but then provided to the upper end loyalty cruisers. Kind of difficult to complain about people being able to buy the perk that didn't exist until it was made available for purchase, huh?

Happy cruising!

Thank you! And thanks for the additional information you provided about how the program works. Interesting that the perk was developed for the program, but then provided to the upper end loyalty cruisers. Kind of difficult to complain about people being able to buy the perk that didn't exist until it was made available for purchase, huh?

Happy cruising!

You would think but that doesn't stop them from doing exactly that on the Carnival boards. ;)

You know I don't know if this has been mentioned but this is very similar to hotels and early check in. Right??? Many people use this option. I just needed it recently for a wedding.

For us-we have been so accustomed to arriving and boarding not before 12;30 so we can go right to our rooms. Drop off our luggage. WJ thins out once rooms are open so we grab a quick bite. Then a drink to go and then start unpacking. Setting everyone and the room up with a blue drink in hand makes the task much easier!!;)

Now-due to flights at times-offer me the option to pay more to stay on the ship a bit longer-I'm all over that extra fee!!:D

Should RCI adopt this program?

Why not!! What is important to some is not so important to others and no one is twisting any ones arm to spend the extra $60 bucks!!

A few things I have learned from this website is how different we all are on what is important about our vacation.

I agree. I think it is a great option to offer. Not everyone will take advantage.

That said, if everyone did start using it- the effectiveness would be questionable. If everyone pays to go "Faster to the Fun" then someone will still end up being first and someone will still end up being last.

Anyhow, not a bad idea to offer the option. I really don't frequent the Carnival boards. Are there any here who regularly sail Carnival AND Royal Caribbean? If so, have you used the program? Is it worth the money? I know, "worth it" is very subjective.

Happy cruising!

The whole dynamic of it was that Carnival had just reworked their loyalty program and the upper tiers weren't happy already. When they introduced FTTF, the upper tiers only gained one new perk and felt it was a slap in the face providing some of their perks for a fee. If Carnival hadn't already reduced perks to the upper tiers, it probably wouldn't have been an issue.

I agree. I think it is a great option to offer. Not everyone will take advantage.

That said, if everyone did start using it- the effectiveness would be questionable. If everyone pays to go "Faster to the Fun" then someone will still end up being first and someone will still end up being last.

Anyhow, not a bad idea to offer the option. I really don't frequent the Carnival boards. Are there any here who regularly sail Carnival AND Royal Caribbean? If so, have you used the program? Is it worth the money? I know, "worth it" is very subjective.

Supposedly, they only open up 15 cabins at a time for FTTF. Then they see how many Plats and Diamonds book and open up more if they have the ability to handle the workload.