What is the "old" pizza?

hpugirl27

Agree 1000%. The new crust is gross. I was on Paradise in September and they had new pizza. A thimble of tomato sauce. Not like any pizza I've ever had.

Actually, when I was in Rome a year ago and had pizza, it was very similar to the "new" pizza on the ships. Obviously it is a taste preference, but I consider the new pizza very good - much better than a Dominos, etc.

I consider most pizza's better than Domino's LOL.

Fact!

As someone else stated I too miss the calzones. They were a perfect size for a late snack or great with a salad for lunch. I wonder they would make a Calzone with the current crust. All it would take is a fold, pinch the crust together and rip a hole or two in the top to release steam and help from bubbling.

We too much prefer the new pizza. Actually crave it. We've been considering heading to Carrabbas to see if their pizza is anything like what we get on the ship.

The only time we have ever really run into lines is at main meal times and late night.. but then the pizza cooks slower than people get in line for it. We just expect to have to wait at those times and its all good.

Actually, when I was in Rome a year ago and had pizza, it was very similar to the "new" pizza on the ships. Obviously it is a taste preference, but I consider the new pizza very good - much better than a Dominos, etc.
I agree that Carnival's pizza is closer to authentic pizza than what we are accustomed to calling pizza in the U.S. I like Carnival's pizza a lot. In my younger days, I preferred so-called "deep dish" pizza, but have grown to like thinner, crispier style pizzas.... not such an abundance of bread.

I have a 5 day Cruise planned in January on the Paradise and keep hearing people complain about the fact that it has the"old" pizza. I recently sailed on the Sensation...do they have the old or new pizza on that ship? Just wondering what all the uproar is about and if we'll like the late night pizza on the Paradise, lol.

The old pizza is like Freschetta.

The new pizza is like cardboard.

The old pizza is like Freschetta.

The new pizza is like cardboard.

I'm curious, which ship were you served "cardboard" pizza on? I imagine the quality does vary a bit from ship to ship. I've eaten it on quite a few Carnival ships and don't remember ever being as disappointed in the quality as what you found. The pizza has been better at some times than others, but never of really bad quality, at least in my experiences and to my personal taste. Are you one that prefers a thicker, more American style pizza? That might explain you great dislike of Carnival's pizza. Again, just curious.

I'm curious, which ship were you served "cardboard" pizza on? I imagine the quality does vary a bit from ship to ship. I've eaten it on quite a few Carnival ships and don't remember ever being as disappointed in the quality as what you found. The pizza has been better at some times than others, but never of really bad quality, at least in my experiences and to my personal taste. Are you one that prefers a thicker, more American style pizza? That might explain you great dislike of Carnival's pizza. Again, just curious.

I was served cardboard, or should I say paper thin cardboard wafer tasting crust on the Breeze and Conquest.

I was served cardboard, or should I say paper thin cardboard wafer tasting crust on the Breeze and Conquest.

So sorry to hear it. I too had pizza on the Breeze about a year and half ago - thin crust pizza - and enjoyed it very much. I'm sorry the pizza wasn't to your liking. Better luck next time, I guess. :)

I loved the new pizza!! My whole family actually enjoyed it and we have been looking for a good thin crust pizza since we came home.

Does anyone know what pizza the Glory has? We are going in April.

I was on the Glory was June and they had the new pizza. I find that it is a lot better if you ask for extra cheese. An excellent snack or light meal. Not as filling as the old gross (My opinion, of course)

So sorry to hear it. I too had pizza on the Breeze about a year and half ago - thin crust pizza - and enjoyed it very much. I'm sorry the pizza wasn't to your liking. Better luck next time, I guess. :)

LOL, it is all a matter of taste and tastes change every seven years so I might like it eventually.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I was on the Glory was June and they had the new pizza. I find that it is a lot better if you ask for extra cheese. An excellent snack or light meal. Not as filling as the old gross (My opinion, of course)

Yahoo!!! Thank you! Cant wait to eat my weight in Pizza!

The "old" pizza was AWESOME!! Loved it! Hate the new wafer paper thin crust and miss my goat cheese pizza!

I totally agree with you, loved the old pizzas & my favorite pizza anywhere, on the ship & off, is the goat cheese pizza as well.

The "new" pizza is the closest I've seen on a ship to Neapolitan-style pizza, which is my preference, and it was absolutely excellent on the Breeze in 2013. The "old" pizza was a thicker, doughy-tasting, undercooked mess made from ingredients that both looked and tasted low-quality. I'm a huge fan of pizza, so I've tried it on all of my cruises, in hopes that the previous cruise's pizza was just a fluke. Unfortunately, that was never the case, and I don't think I ever finished an entire slice of the "old" stuff (usually I didn't even eat more than a few bites). It ranged from pretty bad to down-right inedible. I was so happy to see that they were starting to roll out a new recipe and style when I got on the Breeze!