Aft-balconies on the Escape?

3bamboo

Hi all,

I've booked an aft-balcony on the 12th floor of the escape and I'm wondering if anyone here has seen any of the rooms or has an opinion on them.

One of the biggest disappointments is I don't think they will have the lounge chairs like some of the other ships have. I see this as majorly impacting my relaxation abilities. I'm considering grabbing one from the pool deck and sneaking it down at night :D because really, there's no excuse not to have them there.

Hi all,

I've booked an aft-balcony on the 12th floor of the escape and I'm wondering if anyone here has seen any of the rooms or has an opinion on them.

One of the biggest disappointments is I don't think they will have the lounge chairs like some of the other ships have. I see this as majorly impacting my relaxation abilities. I'm considering grabbing one from the pool deck and sneaking it down at night :D because really, there's no excuse not to have them there.

IF there is room you can ask your cabin steward to bring one for you.

Beware of Spice H2o above you. We were three floors below on the Breakaway and the loud heavy base sounds/vibration will keep you awake if you are a light sleeper!!! You don't even get to hear the music, just the thump, thump, thump. The good news is that they shutdown around 12:30 AM. Since you are five decks below, it may not be an issue. Having said all of this I would still book the same cabin because the view was outstanding!

Edited by jd1966

• 1 month later...
The idea of my own reserved lounger was what led me to splurge on the aft balcony cabin. Any confirmation that we can get them? I am on Deck 12.

Still interested in knowing whether anyone has had any luck getting loungers on the aft balconies??

Also has anyone stayed in 12308?

thanks!!

Just got off breakaway today. Had aft balcony on deck 11. Loved the balcony ....had 2 lounge chairs and 2 chairs. Best view leaving NYC. We definitely heard and felt the vibrations from spice club....most nights it wasn't too bad when the AC was on...but one night the vibrations were really annoying. Took a whole ambien that night ..lol. I would probably stay with deck 11 or lower...you will definitely it the higher you go. I liked the aft balcony..ours was almost center and would take it again. Rooms are tight and small ...bring a power strip/extension cord (whatever they are called) as there is only ONE socket! Our hair dryer in the room worked well so don't bring one.

Still interested in knowing whether anyone has had any luck getting loungers on the aft balconies??

Also has anyone stayed in 12308?

thanks!!

Aft balcony's have 2 chairs and 2 loungers.

We got back from our trip. Our friend had 12908 and we upgrade from 9320 to 9318. I measured the balcony depths of 9 and 12 and 9 was about 6 inches deeper.

Just got back from Escape cabin 12308

Had 2 chairs and 2 loungers.

There was PLENTY of room for everything. It never felt cramped. Would highly recommend.

Soot was not a problem, maybe a speck here or there. We put towels over chairs anyways so it was never an issue.

It's a great cabin highly recommend!

We got back from our trip. Our friend had 12908 and we upgrade from 9320 to 9318. I measured the balcony depths of 9 and 12 and 9 was about 6 inches deeper.

We are booked in 12908 for our March cruise.

Do you remember if the bed in this room was next to the balcony? Thanks in advanced!

John

We are booked in 12908 for our March cruise.

Do you remember if the bed in this room was next to the balcony? Thanks in advanced!

John

I'm not sure of this, but I've heard that ALL of the beds in the aft balconies on the Escape are next to the balcony.

I'm not sure of this, but I've heard that ALL of the beds in the aft balconies on the Escape are next to the balcony.

No the beds are not all by the slider!! Was one Escape in Nov in aft balconies. Our bed was by the slider but out daughter aft was by the closet. When your bed is by the slider the balcony is wider!!! I like the bed by the slider!!! We were 9 aft. Have the same cabin next month!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Do you remember the actual measurements? Cruising in 12908 in July :)