The most cruise days.

Shipbound

We met a woman last year on the 12/27 cruising of the Valor that had been on for two months and would be on until the Liberty started sailing, and then would be on the liberty until summer! She said she lived in California and obviously seemed fee wealthy, but who knows.

She said she was the number one sailer on princess as well.

Interesting lady, spoke with her on the beach in St Thomas and then shared a cab at one point in St Martin. I would lie to know if there was truth to her story...

I forget which boat it was, but I read a thread on here a few years back that told of an older lady who essentially just lived on a Carnival ship and only left the ship about once a month in her home port to go see her doctor. When it was all said and done, it was cheaper to live on the ship than it was to live in a retirement home. It's actually not a terrible idea at all.

Here's one living on a Crystal ship:

Lee Wachtstetter, an 86-year-old Florida widow, took her daughter's advice. She sold her five-bedroom Fort Lauderdale-area home on 10 acres and became a permanent luxury cruise ship resident after her husband died.

Mama Lee, as she's known aboard the 11-year-old Crystal Serenity, has been living on the 1,070-passenger vessel longer than most of its 655 crewmembers — nearly seven years.

Direct link

Also:

Is a Cruise Ship Retirement Cheaper than Assisted Living?

Cruise Ship Retirement Plan Cost

And if you have access to PubMed or any other research catalog, there is a published research article:

Cruise ship care: a proposed alternative to assisted living facilities.

http://www.cruiseretirement.com/

Edited by hirent

Someone just hit 1,000 days with Carnival last week. There was a post on one of CCL's FB pages (corporate or JH's).

I enjoy Carnival cruises. At my current pace it will take me 164 years to reach 1,000 days at sea!!

I forget which boat it was, but I read a thread on here a few years back that told of an older lady who essentially just lived on a Carnival ship and only left the ship about once a month in her home port to go see her doctor. When it was all said and done, it was cheaper to live on the ship than it was to live in a retirement home. It's actually not a terrible idea at all.

This is our retirement goal as well given how expensive most retirement communities are. Too bad we're a few decades away from having to worry about this though...

This is our retirement goal as well given how expensive most retirement communities are. Too bad we're a few decades away from having to worry about this though...

Don't wish your life away enjoy it!!!!!!!!!

Gary

Edited by Shipbound