Celebrity Cruises Introduces Upgrade Program for Loyal Cruisers

JustAGirl79

Can you share some pricing examples? or at least some kind of general guideline as to what the offers are?

I received an email from Celebrity about an upgrade earlier this week on a cruise to SA on Infinity I am taking January 3. It was sent to me but had my TA's phone number. They were able to contact Celebrity and I got upgraded for $400 from an OV to a 2A balcony with large veranda (single occupancy). For me it was a great deal since it was a huge savings from the going balcony rate even for exciting deals and I was able to select the cabin I wanted (a good one), not depend on Celebrity to assign.

Very happy about the whole thing as the balconies were priced about $3,000 more than OV when I booked so I saved alot of money even with the upgrade cost.:D

I did not have any celebrity perks on this cruise so do not know whether those go away if you take the deal. But captains club points are awarded on the original cabin category, not on the upgrade.

Just to add an anecdote, I booked a SS quite a while ago for my honeymoon this weekend as it was the highest category available when I booked. I have since been watching the cruise like a hawk for a CS/RS/PH to come available. Finally, this Tuesday night, an RS came available around 8pm. On Wednesday morning my TA called to upgrade me (Note: I paid full price to upgrade). He was told they would not be releasing any suites for upsell on this cruise, just Aqua and CC, due to the popularity. If ?I wanted the cabin, I had to pay the available go best rate. I went ahead and booked as soon as I could. Right after I booked and my old SS listed as available, so did a CS. Interesting and although this could be from cancellations, I really wonder if they are purposely pulling some of the inventory out for future upselling.

Edited by Classynfun1

Just to add an anecdote, I booked a SS quite a while ago for my honeymoon this weekend as it was the highest category available when I booked. I have since been watching the cruise like a hawk for a CS/RS/PH to come available. Finally, this Tuesday night, an RS came available around 8pm. On Wednesday morning my TA called to upgrade me (Note: I paid full price to upgrade). He was told they would not be releasing any suites for upsell on this cruise, just Aqua and CC, due to the popularity. If ?I wanted the cabin, I had to pay the available go best rate. I went ahead and booked as soon as I could. Right after I booked and my old SS listed as available, so did a CS. Interesting and although this could be from cancellations, I really wonder if they are purposely pulling some of the inventory out for future upselling.

Probably not. People cancel or changing booking just like you did. In my opinion, this upsell program only works when higher categories are available in large quantities. My 2/16/16 cruise has been sold out at the suite level since final payment was due. Only 1 PH left and some lucky suite person might get that upsell email to fill it last minute but all the verandah, CC and Aqua cabins have nothing to be offered.

Edited by 1cruiselvr