TMA ceased operations

MRF777

Do you have any idea how to contact anyone from TMA to get a refund? My daughter and her family are booked directly through TMA for a Feb. Flight....Theyre is no one taking calls and only busy signals are heard. How distressing!...The credit card company said that TMA has been booking and taking money for weeks!........Hope this works out for them and anyone else this has affected...............Nightingail.

I flew Transmeridian Airlines in May to Orlando for my cruise. IMO, it was an OK airline, just more cramped than any other flight I had taken. Quickest flight I've ever had from Harrisburg to orlando though.

My Uncle/Aunt/Cousin frequently fly to Orlando via Transmeridian because their son lives outside of Sanford. They had their tickets purchased for January b/c he'd read about two months ago that their prices were going to go up b/c of gas etc. He called his CC who said they would send him a letter disputing his charge, but he has to call TMA or email and say he wants his money back. Not sure where he goes from here.

Of course now Harrisburg, PA is left without a low-cost carrier and a non-stop flight carrier to FL. I can only hope they look at Independence Air as the airline who is going to take over TMA's spot at our airport.

Jenna1983. That would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Independence may be the next to shutdown. Service to some small markets are just not profitable and many older legacy airlines are failing.

It's funny that TMA shut down. I just read an article this morning about how TMA stranded a group of passengers, mostly elderly, at Sanford Orlando on Wednesday night with no food due to mechanical problems.

From what I've read and heard Independence Air is actually doing pretty well. There had been talk that they wanted to get SW to fly out of here, but they'd lose their other airlines then. What most people do not realize is that Harrisburg actually flies out a lot of passengers a year, for being significantly smaller than the other two airports in PA. TMA was always flying full to Sanford from here because of the non-stop low cost flight. We actually have the first post-9/11 airport in the country, so it's state of the Art. They actually only opened up 8 terminals now, but have the capability of expanding as the airport grows larger to 16. Still not HUGE, but it's always packed.

The airport today said as of this morning they were already starting to get in contact with other airlines. I'm not sure who they'd get because we have every major airline here already, other than SW & Jet Blue.

I think the best one with TMA was last summer when they almost sent my then 17 year old brother to San Juan, Puerto Rico instead of Harrisburg LOL Thank goodness the person who was seeing him off caught the mistake on the boarding pass.

Jenna. Friday morning Independence announced they are cutting 18% of their work force and pretty drastically reducing their flights.

As for TMA, it's not how full the airplane is; it's the question of are they making money? Obviously they are not. Same for Delta, Northwest, etc.

You might eventually see AirTran offer service if traffic is as good as you've observed. I personally like AirTran alot and they are growing.

Ah, didn't see that. I know it's one of the only airlines to fly out of the airport where my brother goes to college (Columbia, SC) into Dulles (The senator from SC made an arrangement to have cheaper airfare to DC from SC via them).

I think United is cutting a lot of their work force too.

AirTran would be good, but they seem to have a lot of stops in Atlanta from PA--even Philly. My brother thinks it'd be awesome if Hooter's flew out of here LOL

We also booked TMA from Harrisburg to Sanford for our December cruise. I booked directly with them and used my debit Visa card. When I called my bank they told me that using a debit Visa is just like paying cash and it is not backed up by the credit card (Visa) company. Fortunately I purchased travel insurance that covers an airline stopping operations and declaring bankruptcy. I should be getting a refund, but it will probably take 6 -8 weeks. So today I booked flights from Baltimore instead. Harrisburg is more convenient, but not much else I could do.

• 3 weeks later...

I called travel ins co and opened a claim. Finally got all the info together and forms filled out and ready to mail. When I looked at my checking account online on Thursday, I found that TMA had refunded the entire amount of our tickets the previous day. I was able to cancel my ins claim. Makes me feel much better about TMA

Archived