Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Expand Online Check-In

Schplinky

This is from the CC main area.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, which have been conducting a two-ship-wide online check-in experiment, have now expanded it on a fleetwide basis.

Celebrity Cruises "Xpress Pass" and Royal Caribbean's "Set Sail" (inherently the same program) allow passengers to fill out pertinent personal information online, before they even arrive at the pier. This enables check in staffers to quickly review boarding documents and immigration forms, set up onboard accounts and ensure ticket contracts are signed. The line says that it reduces passenger check-in times to "mere seconds."

During the test period, which involved Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas and Celebrity's Zenith, the companies report that up to 70 percent of guests had availed themselves of the technology.

"Xpress Pass" and "Set Sail" are currently available in English and Spanish. There are plans to include the Italian, German, French and Portuguese languages down the road.

I've completed all the steps on Celebrity Express Pass documentation....except when it's time to print it lists "Not available".

Have you made your final payment? Are your roommates full details listed? These seem to be the biggest obstacles.

One little trick that is needed before you can print is that you have to scroll to the very bottom of the agreement (or is it terms and conditions) before continuing. That way, the lawyers can argue that you at least had the chance to read it all, even if you didn't.

and as of today our 11/20 sailing is still UNAVAILABLE. I phoned CC & was told that I am part of a group that hasn't paid their final payment in full, so when I make my final payment, which I did 9/1 & VISA took their money from my checking account to pay in full my VISA yesterday. WHAT BS!

I've completed all the steps on Celebrity Express Pass documentation....except when it's time to print it lists "Not available".

I had trouble until someone on these board suggeted I turn off my pop-up blocker. After I did that I sailed through the process (pun intended!)

at least as of a month ago, when I used this, Macs were still a trouble spot. Couldn't make it all the way through on our Mac, had to finish the job with the PC at work. That aside, when we sailed Mercury 8/26, the Xpress Pass was helpful -- once we got through some lines at the Seattle terminal that nothing else could hae helped with. Although I have to say, we have never had much of a checkout wait since cruise 2, thanks to the Captain's Club priority checkout (we were "Founder Classic" before hitting "Select") -- at least providing we reach the pier by noon -- TR

this time asking for A Supervisor who now tells me it is too early to get the Express Pass for a 11/20 cruise. It is past 60 days, even docs should be headed to us soon. I was ready to read their press release on all ships having it. I told her that my TA phoned pretty upset with the response given to me that our group have not paid for the cruise by your clerk Mary Ann. She apologized stating she is new & will be talked to. I was told after 10/20 I can print it out, but being CC I am only saving signing the sail card form. I told her other folks who are paid in full as of 9/1 are also unable to print & again I am told 30 days prior to sail & you will get an email stating when it is all set.

My DH used the screwdriver response to it all stating we have CC desk that has our keys for us when we show & we sign a form & are on the ship. So we won't use it since we are already express. But I will wait for this email to show by 11/19 for the heck of it.

The too early comment is interesting, MACOP, since I am able to print mine out for a January cruise on Constellation. Sounds like you're being given the run-around. From reading these boards, it appears that X gives a really great product with superior service ... until something goes wrong, and then they are really obtuse about fixing it or even acknowledging a problem. I will freely admit that we haven't sailed X yet but from reading dozens of trip reports and hundreds of posts, we just hope we have smooth sailing with them because they seem unable to resolve even modest problems well. I promise I am not trolling, simply stating my conclusions taken from my reading. Trust me, I'd rather be wrong on this one.

We are going on the 11-26-05 Century cruise and I was able to print out our boarding pass already. If you are going on the 20th, something is definitely wrong.

What about luggage tags? Are they still sent to you or do you have to print them out from somewhere on the site?

this time asking for A Supervisor who now tells me it is too early to get the Express Pass for a 11/20 cruise.
The supervisor is full of it. Our final payment date was 9/26 for our 12/5 cruise. On Tuesday, 9/27, as soon as the final went on the charge card, I was successful in creating our online passes, bar codes and all.

1) Be sure you've made final payment and that it's been credited

2) Turn off popup blockers

3) Be sure all pax on your booking # have full information updated

4) Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the online contract (else you aren't offered the "Save and Continue" button)

printed one xpress pass and signed it. Do I need to print another one for my husband?
Yes, since that's technically the record for the account signature (replaces the old page you used to fill out from the docs they sent you). Print them both.

My problem is not with my computer settings...it's with Celebrity's express pass system. I've completed all the personal information. When I get to step 4 it tells me my Express Passes are "unavailable" and asks for an email account to use to notify when they will be available to print.

My question to CC board is: Assuming final payment is made and I am 42 days away from sailing and both passengers in the cabin have completed their online express pass personal information - when will the passes be available to print?

We sailed on the Jewel for 10 days out of Boston a couple of weeks ago, and as Diamond (equivalent of Celebrity "Elite") we had an express check-in line. I completed all of the information on RCI's website in advance, printed the Set Sail form and brought it with me. When I presented it to the clerk at the check-in desk, she politely thanked me and then handed me a form asking for exactly the same information and told me to step aside and fill it out! When I explained it was the same information as was on the Set Sail pass, she simply replied that was "what she had been told to do." The embarkation process took 2 1/2 hours...the longest of any of our 22 cruises on several different lines. Eeek--sure hope for a speedier process when we sail on the Zenith next month.

I just used Xpress pass for a short trip we took on Mercury. I'm not sure what the value was as far as time savings at check-in time goes. We still had to show our passports three times, we still had to hand over the credit card to be run, we still had to stand in lines. I was kind of hoping that we'd just flash our passports and have them scan our pass and we'd walk on, but it didn't quite work that quickly.

That said, there was one HUGE value with the Xpress pass -- our travel agent never managed to be able to send us our eDocs, and told us that Celebrity doesn't use paper docs any more (which I believe was a mis-statement on the travel agent's part). After saying they had emailed them to us three times, and us not getting them, we figured out on our own that we could just use the Xpress pass feature on Celebrity's web site to get the equivalent of our cruise docs, and then all was well. We didn't even need baggage tags in advance because when we arrived in Seattle we had a choice of getting tags from the porters or just carrying the bags on board ourselves.

My problem is not with my computer settings...it's with Celebrity's express pass system. I've completed all the personal information. When I get to step 4 it tells me my Express Passes are "unavailable" and asks for an email account to use to notify when they will be available to print.

My question to CC board is: Assuming final payment is made and I am 42 days away from sailing and both passengers in the cabin have completed their online express pass personal information - when will the passes be available to print?

After sending an email to Captain's Club about the problem's I'd had with Express Pass.....today it worked!

Basically now the rep is telling her that I purchased air from them so that is the problem since my air is not announced til 40 days prior to my cruise. What BS since I have had my air on CO for 9 months. I ly out of CLE at 9:30AM arriving at lAX by 11AM, then home from FLL at 2PM arriving home at 4PM

So sorry I don't buy it!

Archived