Everything...JADE! (Coming home to Houston 11/14/15)

anonmom

Thanks for the posts / updates.

When you said 'open tender at 11:30' what did you mean? I'm only silver status so no special tendering. Does this mean I wouldn't have been able to get off until 11:30? or is that when there was no longer a line and I could have gotten off much sooner if I'd gotten in line earlier in the morning?

At Le Bistro, what are the two entrees that you posted pictures of?

Thanks again!

You can get tender ticket & go after NCL excursion people get off.

Le Bistro steak for two & the duck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good to hear - about the bags for donations.

We will have several bags when we go next week.

I hope Humberto is being good to you.

Tell him Judy from the crossing said hello.

If you see Roberto at guest services - youngish with longish hair, say hello for me too.

Bags all approved & off ship. The Jade got to dock for an hour before anchoring out to sea.da614bd7b3949c8a2b3d86deb94e1f93.jpg

Can you explain a little more about the tendering situation? For starters, I thought docking in Roatan was only a problem for Carnival Corp ships that had to use Mahogany Bay. Was I completely misinformed? Or has something changed to make docking at Coxen Hole more difficult than in the past?

Next, when you say the Jade is docking for 35 minutes tomorrow, do you mean only for special situations (your donations, passengers with mobility issues, VIP guests, etc)? Or do you mean that the first 35 minutes are going to be a free for all, for anyone who wants to wake up that early?

We docked for an hour & it was first come first serve but we went through crew access with donations.

Other ships have priority to dock since their schedule has been in place longer.

We'll have to tender back in life boats.

5a3eb50f95819ae90ede29369bb89be0.jpge51c4923297932262f966671cc60b39a.jpg9de878b18fe783f957c60776481391b0.jpgfb91b4afd2fc3429cb5c5d80e9b32943.jpg9ab84874b792662a04bf3fec83edbedd.jpg4212508535917b01fe7dc2d1a4eba508.jpg

We're at the Wet Lizard in Belize. Tendering didn't begin until 9a. Open tender at 11:30a. We had VIP lunch at Cagney's before leaving ship.

You are at a favorite spot of ours.

We have met the owner several times.

She is from Atlanta.

Martinit Bar-

Aan is amazing.

His drinks are to die for.

I agree about great bartenders there.

Is Lorelie back in the Star Bar?

She is awesome also.

Judy

Affirmative, Lorelie is at Star Bar.

ImageUploadedByForums1449071882.511838.jpg.30ee7667005d2531c44709596c0d9f8b.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to post while you are cruising. DH and I will be sailing her in February and your review and pictures are awesome! It'll e interesting to see what if any specialty restaurant changes are made by then. The Latitudes newsletter says new menus will roll out in March. I kinda hope Cagney's lunch stays the same. I wouldn't mind shrimp cocktail every day. lol

On embarkation day how long did it take to get out into open water (no more tax on drinks)? DH and I have a bet and the loser has to pay the taxes incurred on our sailaway celebratory cocktails. :) We bet each other a dollar all of the time and I suspect that's how much the tax is while in Texas water. lol Thanks!

I'm sorry, I don't remember how long it took to get out of Texas waters.

I'm glad to hear you got to dock in Roatan, even for an hour. I wouldn't mind tendering back if we could get off the ship as early as possible.

Thanks for all the menus. We may eat in one of the specialties one night and this helps me remember what's on the menu.

I was checking the webcam(s) as we're on Jade next week, it was just shy of two hours until she passed the "Emerald" webcam : http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

Then add a few more minutes to get out of Texas state waters:D

I love it. Thank you! I think I won. :D I said it would take about three hours which would be 7pm. DH said 10 pm. :):)

I'm glad to hear you got to dock in Roatan, even for an hour. I wouldn't mind tendering back if we could get off the ship as early as possible.

Thanks for all the menus. We may eat in one of the specialties one night and this helps me remember what's on the menu.

This would have been a HUGE improvement over the tendering operations we encountered last week if people were able to walk off the ship.

I'm not sure what we'll do. It would be nice to walk off and just tender back, but we dock at 8, so even if we get the full hour at the dock on our cruise, we would have to be up/dressed/breakfasted/ready to go by 9 am. Not really the best vacation schedule!

I'm working with the Jade guest services manager to get 7 bags of luggage with donations for the children off the ship in Roatan. He told me that we are going to dock in the morning for 35 minutes & then anchor for tendering. It should be interesting.

There's no diet Sierra Mist on the Jade.

Tonight is Country & Western night in the Garden Cafe.

Pics are not uploading. I'll try again later.

TanyaHeart, your act of kindness is touching and I salute you for it. WOW. Did the docking happen and how did it go? Please forgive me if this questions has already been addressed.

Wow that food looks great! I'm excited to try my dining package even though the non pay places would be fine for me especially as its my first NCL cruise so every day it will be new to me. I'm loving the pics of the menus to see what each place offers. But am sad I have not seen any surf and turf yet :( or am I missing it.

Wow that food looks great! I'm excited to try my dining package even though the non pay places would be fine for me especially as its my first NCL cruise so every day it will be new to me. I'm loving the pics of the menus to see what each place offers. But am sad I have not seen any surf and turf yet :( or am I missing it.

If you have the UDP (dining package), you can have lobster in Cagney’s. You can have great filet there too. Surf one night, turf the next.

Judy

If you have the UDP (dining package), you can have lobster in Cagney’s. You can have great filet there too. Surf one night, turf the next.

Judy

What about if you have the SDP. Is the lobster in Cagney's an upcharge?

What about if you have the SDP. Is the lobster in Cagney's an upcharge?

Good question.

I went to their web site.

Want an ambiguous answer?

Here it is:

ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGES?

No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

So, I would ask before you order.

The fliet mignon in Cagney’s is awesome.

Judy

I have noticed that when the Jade has docked in Bayport/Houston since Nov. 14, it has alternated which side of the ship (port or starboard) is next to the dock. Anyone else notice this or is it my imagination?

Last year it seemed that the Jewel almost always docked with the starboard side closest. Today it is port. Just curious as to why. One small reason we chose a starboard side cabin for January is to be able to see the activity on the dock for embarkation and disembarkation. But we may be looking at the ship channel instead. That's okay.

Edited by hawk1972