Stingray City excursion okay for pregnant woman?

acvdk

My wife and I are considering doing a Stingray City excursion. However, on the Celebrity website, the activity category is listed as "strenuous". I feel like this is probably just categorized incorrectly and that it shouldn't be a problem as the doctor said that swimming and snorkeling are okay (no diving down though). Celebrity doesn't provide any guidance on what excursions are okay and said to "use your best judgement". Can anyone confirm if they think this would be okay for someone in their 2nd trimester of pregnancy?

Edited by acvdk

If you can climb up and down a ladder a few times - I think you'd be fine. However, I'd DEFINITELY book it with Stingraysailing.com If you go with a ship tour, you will be packed on a boat full of people, wait in line to get snorkel equipment and then be elbow to elbow in the water. Stingray Sailing has a fabulous catamaran and only take around 20 people. Lots of room to stretch out and relax. They have really nice equipment. I'm sure you would have a much more enjoyable day with them. They pick you up right at the pier - very easy. Their prices are great. I couldn't imagine going to Stingray City with a ship tour. Google the photos to see what I mean - CROWDED.

We took a ship's tour last January and it was CROWDED! I recommend getting a small, private tour, preferably one that will go there when there aren't a lot of other boats around. My husband and I were terrified that someone was going to get hurt- jumped on, hit by someone carelessly tossing an anchor (no joke, we saw a close call from another nearby boat), etc.

We took a ship's tour last January and it was CROWDED! I recommend getting a small, private tour, preferably one that will go there when there aren't a lot of other boats around. My husband and I were terrified that someone was going to get hurt- jumped on, hit by someone carelessly tossing an anchor (no joke, we saw a close call from another nearby boat), etc.

Exactly - these ships are packed!

Stingray Sailing is awesome. They also serve yummy fresh fruit.