Platinum Baggage San Juan Embarkation

Nanookz

I was reading someone's review (and now I can not find it) where they were Platinum members and when they arrived at Embarkation in San Juan there was a special section for Platinum members to drop off their bags. I have not found any other reference to this. Does anyone know anything about this?

If this exists or not, can you drop your luggage off at the ship and head into town without checking in for the ship? Check in later? I would think that it would be a security risk.

thanks

Edited by Nanookz

I was reading someone's review (and now I can not find it) where they were Platinum members and when they arrived at Embarkation in San Juan there was a special section for Platinum members to drop off their bags. I have not found any other reference to this. Does anyone know anything about this?

If this exists or not, can you drop your luggage off at the ship and head into town without checking in for the ship? Check in later? I would think that it would be a security risk.

thanks

As soon as you approach the port, the porters will be around to take your luggage. If you are Platinum, you will walk up further toward the terminal and there is a VIP drop-off. We didn't know that at the time we boarded, so we ended up just giving the first porter our luggage. When we realized there was a VIP drop off, we asked and they said that it would eventually end up at the VIP area and we did get our luggage very fast.

You don't have to check in to have your luggage checked in just drop with the porter and walk around San Juan. When you ready, check yourself in.

We did check in our bags at the special Platinum Area, but they were not quick to reach us. Probably a fluke and I hope yours arrive very promptly. In Miami once we checked our bags, grabbed lunch at McDonalds, returned our rental car, then went back to the port. Our bags were waiting when we reached our cabin..

When we last boarded in San Juan, the porters were taking any bags with the "Priority" tags and were putting them on just certain carts next to where we checked in. Watched ours get carted off before we even got in the door to check in. Going back into San Juan is sure okay.

Kev