Carnival Liberty--Interior or OV?

BIGA961

I'm married to a balcony snob, so we've never had anything other than a balcony on our cruise--she rather stay at the house than cruise without a balcony! I'm more flexible, and my son and I are cruising together on the Liberty in March on an 8-day Western itinerary. Right now I have an interior on Deck 10, but for almost the same money, I can get a Outside View on Deck 2. I like the idea of being able to see out, but I like to be higher in the world...please help me.

I like the interior walkway view. 4j category!

Thanks for this, it cost me $10 to upgrade to the 4J on deck 6, so I get everything I wanted! Of course I had to talk slow to the Carnival gal...I found this cabin on the Carnival site for the price I wanted, and she quoted me a $90 price hike! We finally got it done!

We like the deck 2 cabins with windows. The rooms are much larger than inside rooms, and are even larger than balcony rooms! (The space used for the balcony becomes part of the room.) The window is nice and ship movement is minimal.

We book these rooms for two weeks every Christmas to see Mom, and love the location. We book near the forward elevators. Any further back and you risk being under the galley.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Richjoxyz

Without a doubt an OV on deck 2. Larger cabin, sitting area, large window, and much more stable ride. I know that some people want to book a higher deck to be closer to the pool or buffet, or for some unfounded fear of being on a lower deck, but for me, sacrificing a much better stateroom in favor of a higher deck makes zero sense, unless I had mobility issues, or riding elevators scared me.

Edited by Tapi

Without a doubt an OV on deck 2. Larger cabin, sitting area, large window, and much more stable ride. I know that some people want to book a higher deck to be closer to the pool or buffet, or for some unfounded fear of being on a lower deck, but for me, sacrificing a much better stateroom in favor of a higher deck makes zero sense, unless I had mobility issues, or riding elevators scared me.

That's another thing we like about Deck 2, we choose to use the stairs. By the time we reach deck 9 we've earned the meal. :)

Edited by Richjoxyz