Premium drink package on P&O Aria?

Have been offered a deal on the Aria sailing from Brisbane into the South Pacific in January that includes the Premium drink package as part of the deal.

I can't find much info about what the package includes. Other than a coffee card a drink package is something we would not normally consider as we usually only have a couple of drinks daily when on a cruise. If anyone has had any experience with the drink package offered by P&O I would appreciate their thoughts on this.

Unless you are a big drinker I can't see the benefit of drink packages. Very disappointed to see P&O offering these, as one of the things they did so much better than the other lines servicing Australia was personal service. Once you have paid for a drink package up front they really don't need or want to serve you. Do the sums 🤔We have been cruising since the first ship arrived here and love it, but don't do drink packages anymore!!

Considering the trip leaves in mid January the deal looks reasonable even without the bonus of a drink package included in the price. FWIW I'd sooner have a further discount off the cost of the cruise rather than the drink package itself.

The answer I was looking for was more about the content of the drink package which I can't find much information about.

From what I have read they have a $69 per day regular drinks package which covers drinks up to $12 and a Premium package at $79 per day which also includes the top shelf product. Both packages also include soft drinks and, I think, coffee but for some reason not bottled water. If you have the standard package and want a drink over $12 you must pay in full for it. So at the very least you have to imagine that you'd want at least six drinks every day of the cruise in order to make it viable. Most people would have six drinks some days, but not so many would every day. I have only done one cruise where the majority had a package (Celebrity) and the service was poor and the access to top shelf very limited. I'd consider taking a package again but definitely not a Premium package.

Have been offered a deal on the Aria sailing from Brisbane into the South Pacific in January that includes the Premium drink package as part of the deal.

quote]

Where did this offer come from? As far as I know the packages are only being offered on board, and cannot be pre-booked. I haven't seen anything from P & O that includes the drinks package.

The offer came from a consultant at the TA I use after she spoke to P&O having an idea of the cost of drink packages it seemed a bit odd to be included in the price unless there was a special promotion happening.

If I decide to go ahead with this I will be double checking to clarify exactly what is included in the deal.

Many thanks for everyone's thoughts on this.

The offer came from a consultant at the TA I use after she spoke to P&O having an idea of the cost of drink packages it seemed a bit odd to be included in the price unless there was a special promotion happening.

If I decide to go ahead with this I will be double checking to clarify exactly what is included in the deal.

Many thanks for everyone's thoughts on this.

I will be on the Aria in a few weeks time, I will try and find out some more detail for you.:D

Hi everyone!

We have cruised with P&O before and have received an email offering soft drink packages for selected cruises less than 6 days long, and premium drinks packages up to the value of $12 for selected cruises 6 days or more. I think they are also giving away up to $400 of on board credit per room as well for some routes. But the drinks package at least is only available for those who have cruised before so you quote your URN or 'cruiseling code' when you book.

But yeah, I feel like it would convince a lot of people to go who were on the fence about cruising, throwing in unlimited drinks like that. Good deal by the sounds of it.

Just an end note. I managed to get a pack and go deal at a good price on an outside cabin a fair bit cheaper than the deal that included drink package.

With less than two months before we fly to Brissie looking forward to this trip.

Thanks everyone for your comments on this.

Just back of the Pearl a few weeks ago and the Premium Package is $79/p and includes all drinks (except bottled water) up to $12. Most of the cocktails, mixed drinks, and obviously coffee/milkshakes etc are under this price. The premium cocktails and top end drinks from Mix Bar and all over $12 (and really not worth it it my opinion only). Long Island & Pacific Island Ice Tea are also both over the $12 price cap.

I didn't get the package when I last cruised as, like many, sometimes I drink more and some days I drink less. On average it wasn't worth it for me as I usually purchase a few bottles of wine at dinner also throughout each cruise.

Booked to do 10 days on Jewel in April (even though the newer Aria is cruising out the same day for 9 days, I prefer the itinerary for Jewel) and have the drinks package included. I am cruising with my adult daughter, not a drinker but a past P&O cruiser, so it is a nice inclusion for the cost (with a little OBC thrown in for good measure thanks P&O!). Needless to say I won't purchase any bottles of wine as I can get it by the glass in my drinks package, also my daughter has said she will probably have a few of the 'milkshake cocktails' as the price is included.

I didn't see many people smashing the drinks package last cruise, having said that I was generally in my cabin well before midnight every night and only went to the Dome once! There was one group of men who seemed to have beer for breakfast, but maybe they were just big drinkers anyway *smirk*

It's on offer on cruises over 7 days duration, probably to avoid those short cruises where you do tend to get Hens & Bucks parties etc... I somehow have a few price lists from Pearly *oops* and will see if I can upload them if anyone is interested.

Bottoms up!