FLL Hotel Questions

Vicki-Ben

I am looking for a pre-cruise hotel room for March 25, 2006. I had originally booked the Ramada Inn Cruiseport/Airport and from reading other post and looking at other reviews think that I should change it. The rates seem to have gone up considerable since I was originally looking to book a month ago. The Ramada was $82 when I booked and now is $126.

Renaissance $399

Hyatt Regency $390

Holiday Inn Express $161

Amerisuites $159

We are only staying one night so we don't need anything fancy - non-smoking continental breakfast, shuttle service from airport but we would like it be within walking distance of a store to buy liquor/soda before the cruise and either have a restaurant or be within walking distance also. Should we book at the current rate or is there a good chance that the prices will go down? Are there some additional options that are more reasonably price I was thinking of around $100 before tax?

Prices will not go down in March. That's prime time, Spring Break time, the hotels will sell out. Go with one of these budget hotels, they're all in a very safe area, less than 10 minutes from FLL, just outside the entrance to Port Everglades, with many many restaurants, shops, grocery, drug & liquor stores, as well as the Water Taxi within easy walking distance.

Holiday Inn Express... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

AmeriSuites... http://amerisuites.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=3929

I was considering the Holiday Inn Express and that is $161/night or Amerisuites is $159/night through the links you provided. Spending that much to me is not a budget hotel. I could get the Holiday Inn Express at $136 but it is a nonrefundable and who knows what could happen being this far out.

Well for Spring Break time in Fort Lauderdale, those ARE the prices of "budget" hotels! March is the busiest time of year down here, and with increased tourism and the King Tut exhibit being here prices and occupancy are up considerably this winter & spring over past years!

What are the chances of booking through ValueTrips.com? Do you think I should hold out for them to release their 2006 rates? Also anyone who uses Priceline so you have any suggestions for bidding through them for like the Amerisuites I have never used Priceline before but I am not opposed to using them if I can get a good deal.

For spring break deals in Florida you are taking your chance with waiting. Can you book something now and cancel when you find something better??

For using priceline use-- www.biddingfortravel.com to see what hotels are being offered.

I keep being turned down by priceline for valentines day weekend

What are the chances of booking through ValueTrips.com? Do you think I should hold out for them to release their 2006 rates? Also anyone who uses Priceline so you have any suggestions for bidding through them for like the Amerisuites I have never used Priceline before but I am not opposed to using them if I can get a good deal.

I don't know what to tell you about Valuetrips. Their 2006 prices were suppose to be out in Sept., now it's Oct. You can always book something else and if you can get a better price for that date through them cancel and go with them, or keep trying Priceline. I would definitely book a backup though as this winter/spring is so busy there seem to be few Priceline bargains out there.

Trent,

I went on to the Extended Stay site that you posted and received a quote of $63.99 for October 21, 2005. Why so cheap? Aren't the rooms bigger than most w/kitchens, etc.?

We get into FLL at 9:30p and out next morning to Princess, so room amenities not important. I'll go with this one if you think it's o.k. Since you are the "Hotel Guru," I'm buying what you're selling! ! !

Thanks.

LOL, well I'm not selling anything. I just a dummy with an opinion on almost everything ;)

I have no idea why Extended Stay is so cheap on that date, but looking at their website and checking that date I'm coming up with the same price. I'd grab it before they change their mind, that's a GREAT price! It's a no frills budget hotel, but it's not very old, it's clean, and the location is perfect. Their rooms aren't really any bigger than a standard hotel room, but they're kitchenettes. If you go to their website and click on accommodations there's a virtual tour of one. It's less than a 10 minute cab ride from the airport and a block and a half from the entrance to the port.

Has anyone had any luck with hotwire when bidding on hotel rooms near the FLL airport?

Read these websites...

http://www.betterbidding.com/

http://www.biddingfortravel.com/

There are only 2 true "airport" hotels, however there are many others that call themselves airport, but are not exactly close... The better area to stay in is "downtown", which is what those sites call the SE 17th Street area. The SE 17th Street hotels are in a safe area, less than 10 minutes from the airport, just outside the entrance to Port Everglades, and have many many restaurants, shops, grocery, drug, and liquor stores within easy walking distance.

Extended Stay and Holiday Inn Express are both very nice budget hotels, right next door to each other... You won't go wrong with either one... Holiday Inn Express' rooms are standard rooms, Extended Stay's are kitchenettes, but other than that difference they're both nice, clean places in a great location.

Trent: Please forgive me and I will never ever listen to people at home who make me wait to book hotle rooms again.. I coul dkill him but then again-- I should have known better.

Could you tell me anything at all on the Ameriasuites on 10th street in FLL?

AmeriSuites is fine... It's a budget type hotel with mixed reviews, but I was in it a few months ago and it was clean. They were replacing carpeting and sprucing the place up. It's a very popular pre-cruise hotel as they have both airport and port shuttles. It's usually the least expensive SE17th Street hotel (it's a block and a half off of SE17th Street) through Priceline, Hotwire, or Valuetrips. The location is great as many many restaurants, shops, grocery/drug/liquor stores are all within safe, easy walking distance.

TrentS,

Can you suggest any hotels close to Port Everglades that have a view of the port and the ships arriving and do you have any thoughts on the Holiday Inn Express by the convention center. We usually stay in Sunrise near the Mall but thought we would try something different this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are 2 hotels with great views of Port Everglades. Hyatt Pier 66 (currently undergoing a major remodeling project) has great views from the south side tower rooms... http://pier66.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

And Marina Marriott also has great views from the upper floors of the south side of their tower... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLFL

Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center" on SE 17th Street is a very nice "budget" hotel. It's not very old, clean, and in a great location with everything you could possibly want within easy walking distance.

Archived