Summit Schedules for January thru March 2017 Missing (2 Threads Merged)

cricketts

It's official. Celebrity is sending emails to people on these charter dates. " sorry....you're cancelled . Here are some crappy replacement offers "

We haven't yet heard "from the horses mouth"... Still sitting tight :mad:

What cruise are you on? Here's the email I received this morning.

Please be advised that the following Celebrity Summit sailings have been chartered and/or redeployed: January 14, 2017; January 21, 2017; January 31, 2017; February 11, 2017; February 18, 2017; February 25, 2017; March 4, 2017; March 11, 2017; March 18, 2017 and March 25, 2017. As a result these changes all guests who are currently booked will need to be contacted. This memo addresses compensation for clients booked on the impacted sailings.

Guests booked with names and money in house on Celebrity Summit 7-Night Sailings 1/14/17 – 3/25/17 (SJU/SJU):

Re-book on select Celebrity sailings, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or any other Celebrity sailing at prevailing rate.

Select Celebrity Sailings

Celebrity Silhouette: Any 7-Night Caribbean sailing from January 22, 2017 – March 26, 2017 Celebrity Reflection: Any 7-Night Caribbean sailing from January 21, 2017 – March 25, 2017

Receive $100 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $200 onboard credit for suites when you re- book any Celebrity sailing.

For named and deposited bookings only, travel agency’s commission will be protected when re- booking any Celebrity sailing. A $50 re-booking bonus commission per named and deposited stateroom will also be offered to Travel Partners when guests re-book one of the select sailings listed above.

Brand promotions will be protected for named and deposited bookings only.

Air change fee reimbursement is not being offered.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment if guests choose to cancel; however, they will not receive any of the above compensation. Travel Agency’s commission will not be protected on cancelled bookings.

Guests booked with names and money in house on Celebrity Summit 10/11-Night Sailings 1/21/17 and 1/31/17 (SJU/SJU):

Re-book on select Celebrity Equinox sailings, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or any other Celebrity sailing at prevailing rate.

Select Celebrity Equinox Sailings January 20, 2017

January 30, 2017

March 24, 2017

April 3, 2017

Receive $100 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $200 onboard credit for suites when you re- book any Celebrity sailing.

Edited by Smmessineo

What cruise are you on? Here's the email I received this morning.

Please be advised that the following Celebrity Summit sailings have been chartered and/or redeployed: January 14, 2017; January 21, 2017; January 31, 2017; February 11, 2017; February 18, 2017; February 25, 2017; March 4, 2017; March 11, 2017; March 18, 2017 and March 25, 2017. As a result these changes all guests who are currently booked will need to be contacted. This memo addresses compensation for clients booked on the impacted sailings.

Guests booked with names and money in house on Celebrity Summit 7-Night Sailings 1/14/17 – 3/25/17 (SJU/SJU):

Re-book on select Celebrity sailings, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or any other Celebrity sailing at prevailing rate.

Select Celebrity Sailings

Celebrity Silhouette: Any 7-Night Caribbean sailing from January 22, 2017 – March 26, 2017 Celebrity Reflection: Any 7-Night Caribbean sailing from January 21, 2017 – March 25, 2017

For named and deposited bookings only, travel agency’s commission will be protected when re- booking any Celebrity sailing. A $50 re-booking bonus commission per named and deposited stateroom will also be offered to Travel Partners when guests re-book one of the select sailings listed above.

Brand promotions will be protected for named and deposited bookings only.

Air change fee reimbursement is not being offered.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment if guests choose to cancel; however, they will not receive any of the above compensation. Travel Agency’s commission will not be protected on cancelled bookings.

Guests booked with names and money in house on Celebrity Summit 10/11-Night Sailings 1/21/17 and 1/31/17 (SJU/SJU):

Re-book on select Celebrity Equinox sailings, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or any other Celebrity sailing at prevailing rate.

Select Celebrity Equinox Sailings January 20, 2017

January 30, 2017

March 24, 2017

April 3, 2017

Thanks for posting the entire e-mail. We haven't received it yet, and neither has our TA. We're on the March 11th Summit, so our choices would be either the Silhouette for the Eastern or Reflection for the Western. Both are great ships but we've done those itineraries many times and don't want to do them again!! Beside, neither has a room like 1140!

We haven't yet heard "from the horses mouth"... Still sitting tight :mad:

Talked with my travel agent today about our options for our cancelled B2B for Jan 14 and Jan 21, 2017 sailings. I believe she told me Celebrity says that all passengers have to rebook by Nov 20 (or lose whatever protection or benefits Celebrity is offering to those affected on the cancelled Summit cruises).

Does anyone know what's happening with Summit in early 2017? On the Celebrity website there aren't any cruises listed between January 7th and April 1st???

Please be advised that the following Celebrity Summit sailings have been chartered and/or redeployed: January 14, 2017; January 21, 2017; January 31, 2017; February 11, 2017; February 18, 2017; February 25, 2017; March 4, 2017; March 11, 2017; March 18, 2017 and March 25, 2017.

We were booked in 1138 A1 on the cancelled 3/25/17 cruise and we were able to move to 4/1/17 for 100dollars less and the same cabin was available. (Aft over the sunset bar. Plus all our 123 perks were honored and we got the xtra 100 dollars. We know tha you "win some and lose some" so we are grateful

We were booked in 1138 A1 on the cancelled 3/25/17 cruise and we were able to move to 4/1/17 for 100dollars less and the same cabin was available. (Aft over the sunset bar. Plus all our 123 perks were honored and we got the xtra 100 dollars. We know tha you "win some and lose some" so we are grateful

Glad that worked out for you! We're restricted to travel during spring break, so we have zero flexibility to change dates :mad::mad::mad:

Please be advised that the following Celebrity Summit sailings have been chartered and/or redeployed: January 14, 2017; January 21, 2017; January 31, 2017; February 11, 2017; February 18, 2017; February 25, 2017; March 4, 2017; March 11, 2017; March 18, 2017 and March 25, 2017.

10 weeks!!!! :eek:

What the heck?!!!! :eek:

On the X website, no itineraries are listed between the cruises on 1/7/17 and 4/1/17 for the Summit. Is this new? I was almost certain I had looked at cruises in February recently. Maybe I was looking at a different ship. Sorry if this is already posted on here and I missed it.

Also, has anyone else tried looking at fares for Suites today? When I select a suite category, I get a nice message to call and book, as opposed to the next screen showing which suites are available. I know this is new. I've gotten the same screen while looking up three different sailings in the early 2017 time frame. Selecting other stateroom categories allows me to view available rooms, like normal.

All of these cruises are cancelled. Celebrity decided it was more profitable to let these weeks be chartered. Therefore, charter companies are trying to meet the minimum requirements, advertising Jazz cruises and "clothing optional" cruises for the Summit during this period. If you booked as long ago as Jan 2015, too bad, your cruise is cancelled (which happened to us). If the charters can't fill the ship by some deadline, then some of these weeks may show up again in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On the X website, no itineraries are listed between the cruises on 1/7/17 and 4/1/17 for the Summit. Is this new? I was almost certain I had looked at cruises in February recently. Maybe I was looking at a different ship. Sorry if this is already posted on here and I missed it.

As of now (11/27), Celebrity shows a 1/16/2017 5 night Summit cruise available for booking.

[quote name='cle-guy']May also be to take advantage of Cuba should it open, from what I understand the Ports in Cuba won't handle the big ships, so Summit will be the only smaller X ship in the region. SO they need to rethink a lot of itineraries to plan for it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, sounds reasonable