Just back from Adventure of the Seas....

PMGNJ04

We took a catamaran on Martinique (not this sailing) that was one of the best excursions ever. For whoever was looking:

The Martinique trip was booked through Kata Mambo, http://kata-mambo.com/lire/nos-catamarans-2.html. They coordinated the 5 catamarans that we had for the group, including the Emotions and Emotions 2.

The ladies name is Marie. Her email address is Kata-mambo@orange.fr

The crew was awesome. And we had a school of dolphins with us for quite a while - you could see them swimming and jumping like they were leading us - I was lying on the trampoline area looking through the net to watch them.

I am not going to post a long review, but will say that the ship was great, staff was amazing, and food was very good.

I will be glad to answer any questions if I can.

Port stops were St. Thomas,St. Croix, St. Lucia, Antigua, and for the first time AOS went to Martinique.

Hey how would you say the food on board compared to that of an average 5* hotel? I'm a big foodie and this could possibly be a deal breaker for me!!) Thanks

Hey how would you say the food on board compared to that of an average 5* hotel? I'm a big foodie and this could possibly be a deal breaker for me!!) Thanks

We've been on several cruises now, all on RCI, and I wouldn't say the food taken as a whole was anything but good. Not excellent, not great, but good. There are highs and lows, and though we could always find something to eat that we liked on the main dining room menu and on the buffets, there were many things that were not that good.

You'll find a broad range of opinions of the food on board, both included and the extra-charge restaurants. It depends on your frame of reference. A dedicated foodie could easily be quite disappointed. One has to take into consideration that they are preparing food for over 3,000 people for several meals and lots of in-between snacking daily. There are limitations.

Prior to our first cruise, I was very skeptical and had convinced myself that the food wasn't going to be very good. I was pleasantly surprised on the whole. Some things (particularly in terms of variety and selection, for instance bread selections, which used to change each night, and the selection in the Café Promenade, which used to have more variety throughout the week) have slipped in the meantime since we started cruising. But I'd say we still eat well, particularly since we know what to order and what to avoid, having tried most of the menu items. Desserts in particular are often not that good or to our taste (we are U.S. American), but again, tastes vary.

If 5* is your standard, you will be disappointed in the MDR, IMHO. You will have to go Chops, Portofino, Giovanni's Table, etc for that experience.

I was just on the Adventure in September and I had an amazing time! So much so, that I booked another sailing in Feb 2017.

For those going to Antigua and looking for a beach day, go to Coconut Beach resort! It was amazing when I went back in 2013 while on the Jewel. I did a review with pictures of the resort. When I find it, I will post it here for some ideas for those going soon.

I am not going to post a long review, but will say that the ship was great, staff was amazing, and food was very good.

I will be glad to answer any questions if I can.

Port stops were St. Thomas,St. Croix, St. Lucia, Antigua, and for the first time AOS went to Martinique.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.