A true dinner table story....

Dajo5601

You need to pack one of these:

$_35.JPG

Be careful with those, they aren't meant for champagne. I don't know if we had a weak stopper or an extra-fizzy bottle but we've had the pressure launch one of those things across the room (bounced off the ceiling!) So now we save the cage from the champers and use it over the lever-stopper to help secure it.

And I agree with you, diluted with OJ, Pol Axer is more drinkable.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

On the crossing from which I disembarked this morning, we solved the problem of what to do with the Pol Acker which Cunard leaves for us by asking one evening if the table (for 8) would like to share it with us. By that time our original full bottle had been supplemented by a half bottle to soothe our feelings over a leak just outside our cabin door. Several other couples contributed their bottles, and we all had bubbly for three nights running. Turns out that we were not the only ones puzzled by how two people could drink a full bottle of sparkling wine, nor the only ones who typically left it in the refrigerator for the steward.

We opened and drank a glass each, and as we drink wine very rarely were quite suprised that it tasted ok. Then forgot it was in the fridge so left 1/2 a bottle.