? Paperwork going on Breakaway 12/20

Suenelsen

Hi there. Have a quick question .... Taking my daughter on 12/20 cruise but don't know what paperwork we need to bring .... You see her father passed away and I have remarried (changed my name). We have passports but I do not know what else if anything I need to bring. Thanks for your help

Hi there. Have a quick question .... Taking my daughter on 12/20 cruise but don't know what paperwork we need to bring .... You see her father passed away and I have remarried (changed my name). We have passports but I do not know what else if anything I need to bring. Thanks for your help

If your passport shows a different last name then your legal name that you booked your cruise under then I suggest you bring your marriage certificate showing the change of name

When I traveled with just my Birth Certificate I would have to bring my marriage certificate to show why my named changed so the case should be the same here

It's the fact that my daughters name is now different than mine and she is a minor. The names on the passports are all legal names and how the cruise is booked. I just don't want to get to port and find an issue

It won't matter if her name is different

My stepson's mom is always prepared just in case, as her last name is different from her son's last name. He's 14, and twice in the past he's been asked questions while traveling to ensure she's his mom. She travels with his birth certificate and copies of docs showing how she went from the name on his birth certificate to the current name on her passport. She also takes a letter from his dad that it's okay to take him out of country (in your case a copy of the death certificate), we do the same when we take our stepson out of country just to be safe.

She does this just to cover all bases...she's never needed it -- the times he's been asked the questions, he's answered them correctly -- but you never know. Being overly prepared isn't a bad thing.

Once a US customs agent in St Croix asked my six year old his name. He froze. We had different last names.

We had to follow the red line to a naughty room where we waited for 45 minutes for them to establish he was really mine. Fortunately I was a US federal employee at the time so there was a big paper trail.

I now carry his BC with his passport because my name is on it!

When my kids were minors I would bring a copy of their birth certificates and my marriage certificate, just in case. I was asked for it once.

I have taken my daughters friends a few time, had the parents fill out the paper work, copies of their licenses, everything that was required, and was never asked for the paperwork. But I always got it, just in case!!

Have a great trip.