Star Suites - Do I Have This Right?

JerseyMom

I currently have an AF mini-suite and am thinking about doing an upsell to a higher category. There will be myself, DH, and DS. If I do go with a higher category, is it only the AB, AA, and Garden Villas (even with a substantial discount, this one is out of the question) that will accomodate more than 2 people? When I look online, it doesn't even give me the option for the other penthouse suites - AE or AC for example.

Thanks!

We're sailing on the Dawn in April and decided that the additional cost of a mini-suite over a BA balcony cabin was such that we were willing to pay for the additional space. The next step up would just be $$ more plus we have the additional cost of flying from the UK so unless the upgrade fairy flies our way :rolleyes: Not much chance of an upgrade anyway on our sailing - currnetly the highest available category is AE - which doesn't fit !!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Have a wonderful trip. I absolutely love the Dawn. I was hoping to do another Carribean trip on the Dawn but DH and DS wanted to try Alaska this year. I agreed to it mainly because we could sail on the Star which is the Dawn's "twin".

You'll love Alaska. We were there this summer on the Dream. As the Dream is much smaller I'm sure we'll find the Dawn to be huge!! This is only supposed to be a "filler" vacation. We hope to go on the Dream again next summer to the Baltics and thought we should fit some sun and beach in before the summer, mainly for our son. Thought of a trip to Florida then realised we could go on a cruise for the same money - hence the trip on the Dawn. The Dawn certainly seems to be very popular so hope we like her as much as everyone else does.

10s - my trip is not until next August and there seem to be plenty available. If you book directly through NCL there is an upsell desk but I don't have the phone number - maybe someone else does. I booked through a TA and I would need to contact them for the upsell.

Calmac - the Dream's Baltic itinerary sounds very appealing. I know that there are a lot of people of the DCL board that would disagree with me, but I really enjoyed the Dawn a lot more than the Disney Magic (and I have nothing to complain about with DCL - so you know how much I loved it). The Dawn is huge but somehow to me it never seemed crowded. I would think if you enjoy the Dream that you will love the Dawn.

thx Jersey...I found the upsell number. I didn't go through a TA...called them directly. Our butler on the Spirit in Alaska was unbelievable. I haven't gone on a cruise since because I couldn't stand the thought of not having such a good experience! Will probably go for a mini suite and then keep pestering them for an upsell!!! Mexican Riviera....just want my husband to have the same treatment. It was really unreal.:p

Archived