Breast Pump

Caribbean Drifters

I would bring it as a carry on. You wouldn't want it to get damaged or stolen. They have you bring CPAP machines on as a carry on so I'm guessing you would do the same with the mechanical breast pump.

I think it would be considered "Medical Equipment" and here's what Carnival says about that:

Medical Equipment & Supplies

If you need to travel with your own medical equipment, medications or supplies, it is important that you hand carry. Please do not pack these items with your checked luggage. If you need assistance with boarding your supplies, please see a Carnival Cruise Lines representative once inside the embarkation lobby.

If you need additional information, please contact us specialneeds@carnival.com.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Be sure the plug on her pump is one that will fit into the cabin outlets or bring an extension cord or battery pack.

Not that you asked but just an FYI if your wife is pumping a large supply:

The fridges are not real fridges. More like coolers. They will keep milk fresh for awhile, but not long term.

When I pumped and cruised I put the bags in the ice bucket which the room steward kept filled. The bags at the bottom were frozen solid the day we disembarked and even made it on the plane trip home still frozen and ready to toss in our freezer.

Be sure the plug on her pump is one that will fit into the cabin outlets or bring an extension cord or battery pack.

Not that you asked but just an FYI if your wife is pumping a large supply:

The fridges are not real fridges. More like coolers. They will keep milk fresh for awhile, but not long term.

When I pumped and cruised I put the bags in the ice bucket which the room steward kept filled. The bags at the bottom were frozen solid the day we disembarked and even made it on the plane trip home still frozen and ready to toss in our freezer.

So glad posters are giving helpful advice.

We recently went on the Splendor and left out 8-month old with grandparents. My wife had to pump & dump all cruise. She carried her mechanical pump on, mostly just because it is a bit delicate and was afraid to check it.

Smart on her part, to carry on..not that I think someone would take it, but could very easily be damaged..

I didn't get to see the deleted post, but thanks for the heads up on the heads up in the carry on. thats kind of a pain, because its not small, or very light, and we don't have FTTF so its gonna be a few hours till we get in our room. but if we have to lug it around in the carryon I guess thats what we will do. No one is running around leaking, my wife will just pump and dump just so she is not uncomfortable in the mornings.

Thanks for your help guys

My wife took one on our last Carnival cruise. Carried it on with no issues at all.

Make sure you bring dish soap to clean everything as we found that they don't make it available to buy or use it on the ship, just hand soap.

I didn't get to see the deleted post, but thanks for the heads up on the heads up in the carry on. thats kind of a pain, because its not small, or very light, and we don't have FTTF so its gonna be a few hours till we get in our room. but if we have to lug it around in the carryon I guess thats what we will do. No one is running around leaking, my wife will just pump and dump just so she is not uncomfortable in the mornings.

The deleted post, in so many words, ask why she didn't just feed the baby and be done. I wasn't in anyway suggesting she was 'leaking' but that is something a new mom might have to deal with unless they do pump. There are always different circumstances for everyone. You always run into trolls on here that post to a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with the question ask. It's one of my pet peeves. Just carry on, remember the hints others have posted and everything will work out wonderfully. Hope you have an AWSOME time.

Use a carryon bag with wheels - that's what we do and just let it follow us around until the cabin is ready.