New York in One Day Guided Sightseeing Tour???

trixietx

I have reservations to go on this tour, it leaves at 10:00 a.m. at 7th. Ave., between 50th. and 51st. Street, behind the winter Garden Theater. We have a room at the Hilton Penn Station in Newark. How long will it take to get there and should I look for another tour that would be easier to get to. I have never been to NYC and just afraid about getting there on time.

I have reservations to go on this tour, it leaves at 10:00 a.m. at 7th. Ave., between 50th. and 51st. Street, behind the winter Garden Theater. We have a room at the Hilton Penn Station in Newark. How long will it take to get there and should I look for another tour that would be easier to get to. I have never been to NYC and just afraid about getting there on time.

What day if the week would you be doing this?

I'd allow at least an hour. NJ Transit train from Newark Penn Station to NY Penn Station. http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainTo

Take the 8th Ave exit and grab a northbound cab to 59th & 7th or take the uptown Seventh Ave #1 train two stops to 50th & Broadway.

Most tours that folks have posted about seem to leave from that area of the city.

We are arriving noon on the 28th. This is scheduled for the 29th. of November. I just want to make sure we can do this. Would the hop on hop off bus be a better choice? With limited time in NYC and limited time to figure this all out, I am just wandering. Is the area we are staying in safe and is taking the train safe. Is it better to not take the train in the evening? I have so many questions.

We are arriving noon on the 28th. This is scheduled for the 29th. of November. I just want to make sure we can do this. Would the hop on hop off bus be a better choice? With limited time in NYC and limited time to figure this all out, I am just wandering. Is the area we are staying in safe and is taking the train safe. Is it better to not take the train in the evening? I have so many questions.

What is the name and description of the tour you have booked? What are you paying for it? It's important to know where you are going to go before anyone can compare it to a hop on hop off tour.

Newark is a highly industrialized urban area, so it's important to be aware of your surroundings. You have picked the one hotel that is connected to Newark Penn Station by a pedestrian skyway, so the reality is that you will have no reason to be wandering around Newark. The train is safe - you may be surprised as to how busy it might be in the evening.

If you arrive at noon, you have a whole half day to take advantage of. You don't want to just sit around your hotel in Newark. One suggestion would be to take the PATH train for $2.75 to the World Trade Center to see the 911 Memorial and Freedom Tower. The 911 Memorial museum is open late, so it might still be possible to get tickets. This would be an easy uncomplicated trip with limited time constraints. If you go early enough, you could walk to Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty in daylight and perhaps even take the free Staten Island Ferry trip for a "harbor cruise". When you're done, you just hop on PATH back to your hotel in Newark.

It is called New York in one day guided sightseeing tour. The cost was $140.00 for two.

Thanks for your response. You have been so helpful!:)

The tour has good reviews and seems to cover a lot of ground. You still have a half day the day you arrive. I might try to identify a destination that is not covered on the tour. Perhaps you might want to go up the Top of the Rock, the Empire State, or the Freedom Tower. Perhaps you want to visit the 911 Museum or wander around Times Square or shop at Macy's. Certainly a ton of options.