What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast on a Carnival Cruise?

Doggielover68

I always get the cottage cheese and sprinkle whatever nuts are available on it. Then I get maybe a slice of shoe sole ham, 2 eggs cooked easy over, and a spoonful of corned beef and hash. If there's sliced tomatoes available, I get a couple of them. I stay lo carb then I walk 1-1/2 hours around the ship.:p

I love getting eggs made to order at the omelet bar. Didn't even know that was an option until our second cruise :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On my last cruise I had 5 eggs over medium, grits, 8 pieces of bacon, and sourdough toast. 3 out of 7 days.

The arepas from Blue Iguana with sour cream and a variety of salsas.

Lox and bagels from room service (on the ships that still offer the lox, I just found out I won't be able to get it on the Conquest on February, only from the deli).

Eggs Benedict from Seaday Brunch, sauce on the side with a side of cheese grits. Heaviest option of the bunch, but have to have it once.

We always order a few things from room service and then go hit the omelette bar. I get bacon and whatever potato item is available, some orange juice and either toast, bagel, or whatever bread they offer. I love breakfast.:D On sea days we do brunch in the MDR. Once in awhile, we'll hit the MDR for a regular breakfast day.

Lox and bagels from room service (on the ships that still offer the lox, I just found out I won't be able to get it on the Conquest on February, only from the deli).

I'm not surprised. I always wondered if/when lox will be eliminated from the room service breakfast menu. (Under the guise of "enhancing customer experience", of course.) It is, after all, a pricey item, relative to the rest of the menu.

Was lox replaced by anything? Or does the "enhancement" consist of simply leaving it off?

I'm not surprised. I always wondered if/when lox will be eliminated from the room service breakfast menu. (Under the guise of "enhancing customer experience", of course.) It is, after all, a pricey item, relative to the rest of the menu.

Was lox replaced by anything? Or does the "enhancement" consist of simply leaving it off?

It was eliminated on the ships testing the new room service menu with the paid options. I haven't seen the new door hanger, but John Heald confirmed that was how it was broken down. So I suspect it'll just slowly disappear from each ship when they roll out the "upgraded" room service. Just another casualty of that program. He did say it would continue to be available in the deli, but that opens later and the lox was pretty much it for some protein on the breakfast room service menu. It was my go to on port days, now we will just have to go to the buffet for a light meal before we get off the ship instead.

I love getting eggs made to order at the omelet bar. Didn't even know that was an option until our second cruise :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love the made to order omelets and on the ships that have them, the breakfast burritos from Blue Iguana!

Ok this is my breakfast routine. We order wake-up room service coffee and sometimes pastries. If DD is with us, we add hot chocolate and cereal. After relaxing on balcony I then run up flight to lido to blue iguana cantina for heveros rancheros and arepa. My DH and I usually split order and I take back down to balcony to eat. Then since DD is GF, we either go to main dining room for her ordered ahead breakfast or to omelet line for fresh eggs. DH usually does not go to main except normally 1 morning out of cruise we do seaday brunch for eggs Benedict.

Needless to say this either hold me to dinner or I grab a late lunch from Guys or cantina.

This routine is also why we now only go on ships with a Cantina and Guys.

Also at some point normally run up for hot chocolate from lido. Always get an aft balcony on verandah deck.

Starts with 6am room service, 3 croissants, coffee and juice. I call this breakfast appetizer. Then one and a half hours later its off to the omelet station where I order a round omelet (unfolded) and have 3 eggs over easy placed on top of the omelet with a little bacon and sausage as sides, no bread or potatoes. If the ship has a Blue Iguana I will skip the omelet station. Breakfast is my favorite meal...

Edited by gklow