Speciality restaurant reservations/seeing main dining room menu

cruiser karen

I will be sailing on the Sun this winter with the promo for some free speciality restaurant meals for the first time. When am I able to make my reservations if it is a promo package? Is it possible to view the main dining room menus first so I can make sure I don't miss a favorite meal there? How difficult has it been to get reservations on recent cruises?

Edited by cruiser karen

Just for clarification, are you asking if/when the MDR menu schedule for your cruise will be available online, and if/when you can make reservations online before sailing? And/or are you asking about any difficulty in getting reservations once on board?

I wont be sailing till May, so I don't have the answers. I am curious as to whether/when the MDR schedule is posted before sailing.

Edited by Cauzneffct

There are MDR menus floating around in CC, but you never know the order of the menus until you get on board. Plus there are new menus, but I've never gotten clarification on if they are rolled out to all the ships. I've also read that there are about 20 menus total. Someone said you can ask for the whole week of menus in the dining area on boarding day. I've never done that (I just read it recently), so I have no idea if that's the case for all sailings.

There was a thread with the new menus for the 14 day cycle. It was just a short time ago. Try using the search option to find it. I was only able to book the speciality dinners I paid for with my CC in advance, not the comped ones however I do not know about the dinning plan ones.

You can book your specialties online for the Dining Plan 60 days before your cruise. The new menu's are supposed to roll out fleetwide in January, but as a previous posted suggested, you do not know which ones they will be using. I have attached the pdf of the menus that are being circulated.

You can always wait to book the specialties when you board after seeing the MDR menus for the week, but that means you may not get the times that you want. OR book the ones you want online and if when you sail, you want to switch them around that is also possible......but times may vary on availability.

New NCL MDR Menus.pdf

Can you use your dining package only in the evening or also at lunch on seadays?

On some ships, Teppanyaki is open on sea days for lunch at regular rates, and you could dine there with your package. Otherwise, the specialties are only open at dinner.

You can book your specialties online for the Dining Plan 60 days before your cruise. The new menu's are supposed to roll out fleetwide in January, but as a previous posted suggested, you do not know which ones they will be using. I have attached the pdf of the menus that are being circulated.

You can always wait to book the specialties when you board after seeing the MDR menus for the week, but that means you may not get the times that you want. OR book the ones you want online and if when you sail, you want to switch them around that is also possible......but times may vary on availability.

Specialties can be booked 90 days in advance for regular cabins and 100 days for suites. There is no way prior to boarding to know what the menu line up will be for the MDR's.