Transfer Availability from RI to Cape Liberty

kjclosson

We are booked on Anthem for 1/3/16, 12 night out of Cape Liberty, RC website lists ground transportation route available from RI and variety of other stops in New England. We have used this bus transfer before to Cape Liberty a few years ago and were very pleased with the cost and the ease of use.

When I inquire with the RC reservations dept via phone and Academy Bus (exclusive RC bus transfer) they don't have anything available for this sailing except out of Baltimore or Worcester. They said they were "working on" a schedule but probably won't have anything done before that date. On any other date in the next 3 months, there are multiple for MA, CT, and RI. For this particular sailing, there are only those 2 pickups which seems ludicrous, seeing as this is a cruise out of New York you are eliminating lots of people from New England.

They told me to inquire with their other ground transportation transfer, which is GroundLink, they offer more shuttle but on a private car, suv or van etc. Pricing this for 4 people and all the luggage is outrageous. I'm looking into a different shuttle service, hopefully not as pricey. We are not willing to leave our car in Worcester and having someone drop us off an hour and half away from home with luggage for 4 will require 2 cars. And if we drive to Worcester, hour and half away its only 3-3 1/2 hours to Cape Liberty.

Feeling frustrated and not happy about possibly having to book private shuttle at a high expense.

Is driving an option? $228 to park plus gas and tolls is still less than the bus fare for 4 people. Drive should be easy on a Sunday morning. Also gives you the option of going down the day before in case of snow. I can provide cars only directions through New York. I95 is a no no through the city.

If you want to go a day ahead anyway just to be there, Trinityreservations offers a park/sleep/cruise for $202 tax included for 1/2/16 at the Ramada Plaza which includes a room for 4, parking for 21 days, and round trip port transportation for 4 people. If you need another room, you can book it separately. This covers your snow event plan and really takes the pressure off the morning of the cruise. It's still less than 4 people taking the bus.

The contact name at Academy that I have is:

Academy Bus - Rina - 3540

Haven't had to chat with her for over a year, so don't know if she is still there.

Thanks 138east, I think of the two options the trinity reservations option really seemed reasonable and I hadn't seen any of those packages anywhere. Our only hang up maybe fitting 4 adults and luggage in our suv, but I can dry run that with empty luggage. I know my father isn't too keen on leaving his suv anywhere long term but this might be our only feasible option. I'm in the process of getting quotes for car services too. Surprisingly not too bad cost wise but the $202 is just about unbeatable. Going to go poll the family and see if this is a go, thanks again.

Thanks 138east, I think of the two options the trinity reservations option really seemed reasonable and I hadn't seen any of those packages anywhere. Our only hang up maybe fitting 4 adults and luggage in our suv, but I can dry run that with empty luggage. I know my father isn't too keen on leaving his suv anywhere long term but this might be our only feasible option. I'm in the process of getting quotes for car services too. Surprisingly not too bad cost wise but the $202 is just about unbeatable. Going to go poll the family and see if this is a go, thanks again.

Driving down in the winter before the cruise is a good strategy. If you decide on Trinity, book it. They have a certain number of rooms and once they are gone, they are gone.