Many thanks!!! Princess/ Barcelona Q+A

Cruiserkenn

I recently completed the Emerald's Transatlantic, and I had a great time.

During the summer, while planning, Cruise Critic members answered many of my questions, and this eased my journey and my arrival. Thanks so much!

I flew United, nonstop, Newark to Barcelona. The flight was nice, like the old days. The United 767 had seats for two, along the windows. Very nice and uncrowded. This made it easy to get up and stretch. There was a nice tailwind, and the flying time was only 6 hors, 50 minutes, instead of 8 hours. Great!

Barcelona's airport was nice and quiet on Saturday morning. Very pleasant!

It was easy to find the nice and clean restrooms, after de-planing. Just like all of you said!

The passport check was quick and easy, too, as all of you said. No hassles about visas and no long list of trick questions. They just stamped my passport, and that was it:)

The Princess transfer was wonderful, too. I saw the ladies with the Princess clipboards, immediately, at baggage claim. The transfer was quick and pleasant.

The Barceloma cruise terminal was modern and nice, and I was onboard, in my room, in no time.

A funny: on my flight, I was able to pick out or predict those who would be on my Emerald cruise:)

Thanks, one and all, for all of the great answers!!!

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

Yes, it was fabulous!

One of the unexpected wonderful things was the smooth Atlantic, during the crossing:) I never expected it to be so smooth. What a treat:)

The Captain was so good, too, making his own announcements, rather than delegating the announcements to the Officer of the Watch.

I loved it!

I was on the transatlantic as well and am in total agreement about the amazingly smooth trip. I never expected to be at sea those many days and rarely ever feel in motion. The one day that was pure glass seas was fantastic. I actually stood at the bow of the ship and could see fish swimming below the water! Cruise staff said they had never seen anything like it on a transatlantic. I also concur on how pleasurable it was to have the Captain's daily announcement. His humorous "education" on sailing lore was fabulous! He was the by far the most personable Captain on any ship I've ever sailed.

He was Captain Martin Stenzel.

He would speak to you when he was out and about the ship.

He was also interviewed by the Cruise Director in the Princess Theater.

He even took questions from the audience.

Absolutely fantastic!

Indeed, he is quite sociable. I got on an elevator that he was already on one day, and we chatted right along.

I was on the transatlantic as well and am in total agreement about the amazingly smooth trip. I never expected to be at sea those many days and rarely ever feel in motion. The one day that was pure glass seas was fantastic. I actually stood at the bow of the ship and could see fish swimming below the water! Cruise staff said they had never seen anything like it on a transatlantic. I also concur on how pleasurable it was to have the Captain's daily announcement. His humorous "education" on sailing lore was fabulous! He was the by far the most personable Captain on any ship I've ever sailed.

Yes! I saw fish, too. I also saw many flying fish, from the promenade deck, starboard side. Amazing! I saw the flying fish over several days. Some of them flew quite long distances. What a sight!