Formal Nights on Sapphire - Mexican Riviera

suep

We're wondering which nights are the formal nights for the Mexican Riviera cruise on the Sapphire. And is the Captain's Cockail Party on Sunday night?

Thank you!!

Sue

Sorry I can't answer your specific question, but as a rule of thumb, cruises that originate in Southern California tend to be very casual compared to others. You may want to adjust your packing. You'll still see formal wear, but not anywhere as much as you would on other cruises. If you enjoy dressing up, then definitely do so. On formal nights, you'll probably see many men in shirts and ties and no jackets (unfortunately). :)

We're wondering which nights are the formal nights for the Mexican Riviera cruise on the Sapphire.

For seven day cruises the formal nights are typically the 2nd and 6th nights. Never the first night, they're still delivering luggage. Never the last night, since you have to pack for the trip home.

We did a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Diamond last year. There was hardly a tux to be found. Dress was much more casual. I fear that some day I will have to give my three tuxes to the Salvation Army - I hope not.

I will take mine on the Sapphire in Jan. A tux is classic... The key is getting a quality fabric and one that fits.

Kinda get's the wife goin too ;)

Thanks for all the useful information. My husband and one son will be in tuxedos because they will be participating in a wedding that will be on Sunday. This will be the first time in our 7 cruises that my husband will be in a tuxedo on formal night (we figured - why not get the most use out of it!!). All other times he was in a suit & tie. So what if the others aren't dressed up as much. We don't get this opportunity at home, so we're going to take full advantage of it on the cruise! On the countdown; documents are here; 13 days left!

Archived