disapointed in RCCL

jobowl

Sometimes it gets convoluted trying to "navigate" the best rate with all the promos going on. We just had a similar situation involving the C&A discount being less than the current promo OBC. In our case, I had a little less maneuvering room because I had to move a booking I had made on-board to a different date. The way it broke down was:

Our friends did a new booking with promo for a cruise for 2267 - 300 OBC = 1967

We could have cancelled the original booking and got the same rate on a new booking, but by keeping the C&A discount and combinable FCC and moving it from the original booking, it worked out to 2267 - 225 C&A - 150 FCC = 1892

So we still got a better rate than our non-C&A friends. Sometimes you just have to crunch the numbers with C&A and looking at any other combinable discounts to see which way it plays out better.

If you're making a new booking, you have the choice of taking C&A or promo OBC so I don't think it's an issue.

Wow! How nasty can you be to the original poster? He is just letting others know to check both ways. As a long time cruiser, it is a bit annoying to not feel your loyalty means something. We have cruised with friends, who pay the same bottom line price, although we are Diamonds. And yes, loyalty should mean something - this to me IS Marketing 101.

We agree and think there may be RCCL insiders on here ready to protect the company from any negative reviews. We are just off the Allure for the 3rd time and we were disappointed at the cutbacks in goods and services. A while back we submitted a fair and balanced review of our RCCL cruise and it was rejected. It was surprising since the review had a mix of pros and minimal cons.

Having said that, we experienced some difficulties aboard the Allure last week, emailed the company, and received a response from them in 24 hours. They agreed with our position and are compensating us on our next cruise. Nice job RCCL !