Cruise Directors ELI S. and ERIC B.

welshcorgie

Does anyone know anything about these guys? We are doing two journey cruises and will be on for 21 days and are wondering how energetic and fun they are. We have had a blast with WEE JIMMY and several others but have never run into either of theses two. Any thoughts???

Edited by welshcorgie

Does anyone know anything about these guys? We are doing two journey cruises and will be on for 21 days and are wondering how energetic and fun they are. We have had a blast with WEE JIMMY and several others but have never run into either of theses two. Any thoughts???

We spent 13 days with Eli on Legend Panama Canal cruise last August. He was energetic, funny, present all over the ship, and even remembered our names whenever we ran into him.

He is still one of the best cruise directors we've ever had.

Just got off the 14 day Journey cruise on the Glory with Eric B. We thought he was very good, plus he is also from Cleveland like we are! He was funny and full of energy. The only thing we didn't like was the amount of announcements he made in the evenings, from 5 to 9 or so.

I'm curious, too, because we have Eli on the 2 Glory cruises before yours.

Yes, Eric was quite annoying. He made at least 9-10 disruptive announcements every day. Over a 14 day cruise, it got tiresome. He aptly named himself Eric "the voice from above" Brouman. He talks so much at the events he hosts, that they often spilled over into the time the band was supposed to be playing. He did have a lot of energy and so he will appeal to people who appreciate that.

I found Eric quite annoying. His humor was pretty cheesy. He did a magic show one night and it was sort of lame. Partly because he's not funny. I don't mean to be negative, but you asked for peoples' opinions! :p I didn't mind the announcements, because I could easily tune them out.

We had Eli in July on a 4 day aboard Triumph. He was great! Funny, friendly, approachable, and didn't make millions of announcements. Dude can dance...for real dance! He is a lot of fun. Hang out for the Q&A and the love and marriage show to hear way too much about ice cream. Not the blue bell kind!

OP, I am on the same cruises as you are and we actually only have Eric B because Eli leaves the ship on January 23rd. We were suppose to have Mike Pack but that changed this past week.:mad:

I have not been able to find out much about Eric B. I am curious about him also. Hoping that he is not a trivia nut like our last Carnival CD was. The last time that was all the entertainment was basically and it stinks when you hate trivia LOL.

Eli was a social host back in 2009 on our Carnival Freedom cruise. He was very energetic and personable. When we left the ship on the last day, he actually remembered my son's name and thanked him for cruising. I remember thinking back then that he would make a great CD.

As far as activities on board, there were plenty (with Eric). Lots of trivia, but lots of other stuff, too. Although I thought he wasn't funny, he didn't really hurt the enjoyment of my cruise. Except sometimes hearing announcements (which I find useful), he introduced the shows and I could avoid the other things he was doing.

OP, I am on the same cruises as you are and we actually only have Eric B because Eli leaves the ship on January 23rd. We were suppose to have Mike Pack but that changed this past week.:mad:

I have not been able to find out much about Eric B. I am curious about him also. Hoping that he is not a trivia nut like our last Carnival CD was. The last time that was all the entertainment was basically and it stinks when you hate trivia LOL.

We're on the 2 cruises before you that now have Eli. Glad to hear good things about him.

We had Mike Pack on our Conquest B2B last January and really liked him. I was looking forward to seeing him again before they changed the schedule.