Previous South America & Antarctica Grand Voyagers

Sunriseatsea

Would love feedback from those who enjoyed this Grand Voyage in previous years. We are starting to focus on what to pack. Specifically, include my husband's tux & formal wear or just jacket and tie? We are happy with dressing up, but if most passengers don't, it can lessen the 4 seasons wardrobe we need! Thanks for any advise.

Be sure you pack things that you can layer .... this past year the trip was surprisingly warm. As to the tux .... most men wore dark suit and tie on formal night. Few long dresses or skirts on the ladies .... usually nice skirt or black slacks and a fancy top. This is a wonderful cruise .... wish I could do it again this year. Plan to walk, and walk, and walk.

Susan

Unfortunately, IMHO, tuxes on Holland America are going the way of the dodo birds. Last winter I counted only two other tuxes in the MDR on one formal night and no other tuxes on another night. I started to feel embarrassed in wearing a tux and reverted to a jacket and tie.

Scott & Karen

Definitely just jacket and tie. Save your luggage room for all the layers you will need. Your weather will range from sweltering tropics to snowy frost, and you certainly do not want to be inside for any of the cruise. Well, maybe sleeping...

Be more casual - no one will throw you off the ship.

Wish we were going again.

Do not forget your hat and gloves or mittens! Also a fan of vests, especially fleece vests as an ex-MN person. Took this cruise in 2013 and there were a lot of tuxes but times have changed I am sorry to say. Hope you have a wonderful time as a very unique cruise and Antarctica is totally amazing!